Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 4/25/2005 10:41:35 AM EDT
stuck at work and wondering what the colt warranty is like for a orignal owner of a colt andaconda 44 mag? Mine is having some issues and I want it to be looked at. Just wondering if it wil be covered or not.

It is a lifetime warranty?

Mt Hunter
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
They will most likely do right by you, provided there have been no heavy modifications to the original design and / or parts. If you have any custom grips, etc. on it, take them off before you send it, and be aware that they WILL put it back in standard, factory STOCK, form before they send it back...and, no, they do NOT care about the $$$ you may have spent for a custom trigger job!
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They will most likely do right by you, provided there have been no heavy modifications to the original design and / or parts. If you have any custom grips, etc. on it, take them off before you send it, and be aware that they WILL put it back in standard, factory STOCK, form before they send it back...and, no, they do NOT care about the $$$ you may have spent for a custom trigger job!

that sucks
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 2:12:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep all your paper work. I delt with colt on some bad 1911 mags. It was like pulling teeth to get replacments even after showing proof that they did recive the mags they still swore they never got them. They ended up sending me 1 new mag for the 2 I sent in. Mags were less than 2 months old welds failed at the base.

Second time I delt with Co,lt was with a SAA pistol  that would bind up after 12 shots. Ejector rod waa being filied away from the case hard frame. Custom shop, my butt. I got the pistol back aftrer 2 months problem was fixed, but some new scratches were there.

If you dont have to deal with Colts warrenty dept, don't local gunsmiths, should have no problems fixing your pistol.
Link Posted: 5/4/2005 7:42:48 AM EDT
[#4]
back in 1992, I sent in a ser 80 enhanced .40 on 4 separate occaisions because it just would'nt run.  FTF, FTE, and the slide would lock back on a full mag.  I know what the problems were now, and could easily fix it myself now....but it was my first 1911.  Colt never did fix that gun, and treated me rather poorly in the process.  I didn't even consider owning a colt product again until I lucked into a 1950s vintage commercial for $300 recently.  Semi-custom or SA for me, no matter what my screen name is.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 4:15:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I've also had a poor experience with their warranty service.

The biggest problem or dilemma, IMHO, is the lack of knowledable communication. The people on the service phone, although polite, can't really tell whether it's covered unless they see it. I spent $80 in shipping to have them reject it. Given their "conditions" of warranty they could have easily told me, or suggested, that it wouldn't be covered.

My only 'suggestion' is if you have a good gunsmith locally and it's not an expensive repair, I'd go that way. If you are the original owner, it's unmodified, and an expensive repair, then I'd give them a call. Try to talk to the service manager. He would not return my call, but I would keep trying since you "risk" the shipping charges.

Good luck
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe my experience was different because I sent an AR15 upper to them but they were very helpful and friendly on the phone. They sent me a letter to let me know when the work would be done and called me when they shipped it back out to me.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top