Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 2:29:32 AM EDT
If anyone has seen the movie "The Punisher" I am trying to find out the guns he is using in the movie and what he has added on to them, this is a link to the best picture I could find of them;  http://www.thepunisher.com/past_news/september_2004/punisher-gunspaper.jpg     ; Thank you very much for any input
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Made the link hot:  

The Punisher Guns

They look pretty sweet.  I don't know the basic colt model, there are those here who can tell you, but the jewellery is nothing beyond the scope of your average gunsmith, and it probably wouldn't cost a whole lot either.  

There are a couple of manufacturers who make compensators like those.  Either built into the barrel or attached to the bushing.  The bushing version will be cheaper, the extended barrel version will probably give better accuracy.  The slide stop, safety, hammer and trigger appear to be nothing more than stainless ones added to a blued gun.  

If this is something you want to attempt, take a look at Colt's website and pick out the cheapest base gun they offer with the front serrations.  Then have a look on Brownell's website for the 1911 accessories.  You'll probably spend an evening looking at all the goodies on Brownell's page but it's certainly doable.  Another idea is to go to the M1911.org site and ask them.  They've got a pretty extensive list of links to manufacturer's of accessories too.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]
They look like a cartoonized 1911.  Not quite to Swarzenegger "Hollywood 1000" standards, but still an artists 1911.

Rob
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen BBLs like that at gun shows; the rest you could probably get from Wilson.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top