Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 7:04:39 PM EDT
got my P22 but i have been having some problems.  The shells eject right into my face and head.  This does not happen every time but the ones that do not hit me still fly up and slightly back.  The hitting me in the head happens atleast 50% of the time. is this normal?  Any fixes?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:41:05 AM EDT
[#1]
check to see if your ejector is still there.

rimfirecentral.com has some info on it and think it ended up with it being hard to control the ejectin path of the casing since it doesnt hit the ejector in the same spot consistantly.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:42:57 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah i found RMC and a couple convos about such things.  Seems like there are no real easy fixes.  Hell, sounds good that mine feeds and fires fine.  thanks
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#3]
While I haven't personally tried it, the suggested fix from rimfirecentral.com sources is to stretch the EXTRACTOR spring a tad.  It's also my understanding that the Ruger 10/22's sear spring will fit "as is" as a stronger replacement P22 extractor spring and is available from Brownells.

If you try the above, I'd like to hear back from you with your experiences.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I remember reading here on this board that someone made a modification to their P22 and that theirs now ejects brass like nobodys business.

If a member comes along maybe they can dig that up for you... It was fairly recent IIRC.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:48:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Top Top