Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 7:43:33 AM EDT
OK general pistol forum didn't know neither did H&K forum so I come back home to the walther forum and ask.....

What are the pistols that are the P-2 & P-3

I read somwhere the P-2 is an Astra 400 but the same paragraph said the P9 is the Walther p99 which I don't belive is right

so does any one know
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Model P1 - 9mm Para, post-war commercial version of the P-38 with steel slide & alloy frame. 5" barrel, 8 shot mag.

Model P4 - 9mm Para, modernized version of the P-38, 4-1/2" barrel. Reinforced steel slide & alloy frame. Mfg 1975-81

Model P5 - 9mm Para or 9x21mm, alloy frame, 3-1/2" barrel. New 1977, still imported.

All info from the Blue Book. No P-2 nor P-3 listed in there.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#2]
the P3 is mentioned in this lil write up of a great site
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:34:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Man, I finally found the info on a German forum.
I had known the P2 A1 to be a flare gun, but...
P1, postwar alloy frame version for military and police of P38
P2   SIG P210, it was used in the BGS
P3   Astra600 (from some leftover wartime contract)
P4  a shortened version of P1
P5, Walther P5
P6 SIG Sauer P225
P7  H&K PSP/P7
P8 USP version in the military(see trough greenish plastic mag)
P9 could be the old H&K P9S, it was used by the GSG9, but not sure, as they also used S&W 38 snubbies in the hostage rescue at Mogadishu and did not number their guns, since they had so many ( edited it's the Glock 17)
P10 H&K P2000

Now, the P11 is, I believe the elecrtronically controlled "pepperbox-style" underwater pistol of the Kampfschwimmer
and the P12 is the H&K Tactical, used by the German SOCOM
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:36:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I just found in Sondereinheiten.de (specialforces) a discussion about the P9. It seems that even in Germany there is a confusion in police circles about this gun, many thought it might be the Walther P99 but it appears to be a Glock 17 that is the P9 and is used by the SEK and GSG9.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top