Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2019 2:09:37 PM EDT
I recently bought a Walther PP .32 pistol.  I think it's an old German PD gun because it has a lanyard.  The pistol came with two magazines and I'd like to buy more.  Originals with the finger groove are $50+.

Are there any good quality modern / aftermarket mags I can use?  I may use this for CCW, so I want something that's not a range mag or a "it usually works" mag.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Numrich  has pp Mags
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#2]
That or you can call Earl's Repair Service.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Mec-Gar makes great magazines for Walther PP pistols. They are available at Midway and probably Brownells.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mec-Gar makes great magazines for Walther PP pistols. They are available at Midway and probably Brownells.
View Quote
You need to check your gun first to see if it has the cut out for the modern ribbed magazines. If so the modern PP PPK/s magazines will work fine, but if you have an older one that doesn't have it they will not.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You need to check your gun first to see if it has the cut out for the modern ribbed magazines. If so the modern PP PPK/s magazines will work fine, but if you have an older one that doesn't have it they will not.
View Quote
I'm unfamiliar with this rib.  Could you please tell me more about that, where it's found, etc.?  I'm clueless on this one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Post war 380 magazines have a rib on the side running from top to bottom. It is probably designed to prevent them being used in 32 pistols.
In forty years of using Walthers, I have never seen a 32 mag with a rib.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Post war 380 magazines have a rib on the side running from top to bottom. It is probably designed to prevent them being used in 32 pistols.
In forty years of using Walthers, I have never seen a 32 mag with a rib.
View Quote
This is a .32, so it sounds like I should be fine no matter what..?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is a .32, so it sounds like I should be fine no matter what..?
View Quote
Yes. Current mags should work fine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Get mecgar they are the oem for walther . I have a few and all are perfect .
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Mecgar is what I'd get.

I have a some of them (flat bottom and finger rest bottom) and they work just fine in my PPK.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I have half a dozen MecGars for my 1969 Walther PP, both flat bottom and pinkie models.  The all function perfectly.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have half a dozen MecGars for my 1969 Walther PP, both flat bottom and pinkie models.  The all function perfectly.
View Quote
I’ve got 3, no issues with Manurhin PP of similar vintage.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Greg Cote typically has the best prices on MecGar mags.

I have several that I use in my 1937 .32 PP, Flawless operation, high quality.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I received my order of MecGar Walther PP magazines from Midway yesterday. They function without fail in my Manurhin PP pistol and my FEG M48 pistol. They will not function in my MKE PP clone without some modification. I have original MKE
magazines to use as a template, so 15 minutes with a Dremel tool , appropriate grinding wheel and a round needle file, I had functional spare magazins for the MKE as well. I've had to do the same mods to get MecGar Bersa Thunder 380 mags to function correctly in my two Bersa 383A pistols.
Gary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top