Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2002 12:18:29 PM EDT
I love my P-38, but it's getting a little old. Afterall, it was built back in '41. So I've been thinking about getting one of the new P-1's that are being sold now. Anyone else have one?
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Where can you buy one for $250.00?
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Never liked the P-1.
Cheapass alloy frame, bad wear habits.
You would be better off looking for an old WW2 mismatched P-38.
Much better steel and quality overall.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Never liked the P-1.
Cheapass alloy frame, bad wear habits.
You would be better off looking for an old WW2 mismatched P-38.
Much better steel and quality overall.

How much are those?  Where?

When I was looking at the M19 I bought, an older gentleman sat at the counter who was seeing what the store would give him for a P-38 he had.  I think it was a P-38.  Looked as though he had brought it back from WWII.  I wanted very badly to look at it/fondle it (can I say that?) but figured it was bad etiquette to ask in the presence of the store owner.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:33:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Right now everyone seems to have them. SOG, SARCO, CDNN, Century; they are all advertising them. Here's a link to SOGs ad page. SOG will only sell to ffls so you'll have to get your local dealer to order it for you. They also have been advertising the WWII P-38 with matching numbers for $500.00.

SOG Surplus Guns
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for answering my questions, Sig_230.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Have been looking at those myself.  Seen a number of them at the shows.  They seem to be decent guns.  The alloy frame doesn't bother me.  Finish ranges from very good to almost new.

Haven't shot any of them or know anyone that has.  May still pick on up but its not at the top of the list right now.

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:12:41 AM EDT
[#7]
As much as I like P-38s, I agree with Hannah on the frames. One aluminum framed gun I had, totally had the feed ramp pecked away by the bullets exiting the magazine. They do work, but I wouldn't expect to put a kajillion rounds through them. If the price is right, cheap, why not? I had a French one for a while, just to play with. But it was only $150, well worth that much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top