Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2009 9:01:22 PM EDT
Just got her today.  THIS GUN IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Until the RH safety breaks and it takes 7 weeks to get back from Taurus...
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Way to rain on somebody's parade, if you got nothing good to say..........

Congrats, I have one also and it has worked well for me. Only have a little more then 600 rounds fired so far, but without a hitch.
The ambi safety is a commen problem reported with the PT1911, if it happens better to just upgrade to a higher quality safety and have a gunsmith install. No problems with mine yet.

Link Posted: 8/17/2009 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've changed out most of the parts in my PT1911... save the ambi-safety.  Works fine.  I think it might have been an issue with earlier runs... but I have yet to hear of anything on a recent production.  Seems like one of those things where a couple of internet visitors make a post about it, and then it spreads like wildfire... appearing to be widespread when it is not.
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
FAIL till you post pics

Link Posted: 8/21/2009 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I got the ALR 2 weeks ago at a gun show. Shot about 120 rounds and the safety broke off.  This is my first 1911. I really was liking the way it shot. I was going to use this as my daily ccw but am having second thoughts now. Should I send it back to Taurus? Seems as though everyone says it will take 3-4 months.
Link Posted: 8/21/2009 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine took 7 weeks to get back from them.  6 weeks before they even looked at it.  Same broken safety problem.
Link Posted: 8/23/2009 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got the ALR 2 weeks ago at a gun show. Shot about 120 rounds and the safety broke off.  This is my first 1911. I really was liking the way it shot. I was going to use this as my daily ccw but am having second thoughts now. Should I send it back to Taurus? Seems as though everyone says it will take 3-4 months.

I would not send mine back for a safety, just have a smith replace with a high quality single or ambi. I decided when I first got mine if it happened, I would replace with a none- ambi. But no problems yet.

Link Posted: 8/29/2009 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#8]
got it fixed today I ordered a stainless ambi safety from brownells along with a couple wilson 47d mags.  I thought I would be able to just drop it in. I ended up having to take it to a friend of a friend who is a smith. He had to do some filing on it. so for $50 for the safety and 10 to put it in I am up and running. I shot a box of ammo through it and all is right with the world I also picked up a crossbreed supertuck for it and I will try it out as a ccw for the 2 week free trial.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Colt has a bunch of recalls on their 1911's right now so no brand is immune to stuff like that on occasion.  I have a PT1911ALR and love it.  Functions flawless, shoots as well as any other, no complaints. I shoot and have shot many 1911's and I just can't find a reason to dislike mine.
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 3:49:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colt has a bunch of recalls on their 1911's right now so no brand is immune to stuff like that on occasion.  I have a PT1911ALR and love it.  Functions flawless, shoots as well as any other, no complaints. I shoot and have shot many 1911's and I just can't find a reason to dislike mine.

true, but colt had my gun back to me in less than 7 days.  how many people can say that about Taurus?
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 6:16:31 AM EDT
[#11]
My safety broke yesterday after 500 rounds, I will not be sending it back.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just got her today.  THIS GUN IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/10/2009 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't recall this many people ever reporting hard part breakage on a relatively new firearm...especially one whose design has been through, oh, i dunno like 90 years of R&D????  Now I have another model Taurus auto that I like, so I'm not a Taurus-hater; but this type of ambi-safety has been made for decades.  I don't ever remember having a safety lever break on a 1911, and I've put hard use to a few of them.  Was this some weird metallurgy issue from a vendor or what? Anyone got a pic of one of the broken safeties???
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 12:31:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

true, but colt had my gun back to me in less than 7 days.  how many people can say that about Taurus?

Your right it took Taurus 9 days to get my m85 back. But they did pay for all shipping and had Fed ex pick it up at my house.

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 7:37:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your right it took Taurus 9 days to get my m85 back. But they did pay for all shipping and had Fed ex pick it up at my house.

you seem to be the exception, not the rule.  seems like taurus averages 7 to 12 weeks based on what i read here.  luckily, i am yet to have any issues with my Tauri.  glad you got her back so soon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#16]
just brought mine home today!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top