Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 5:01:33 AM EDT
I bought this Taurus 627t friday at a gun shop. At the range it would miss fire at about every 5th shot. Well I found the problem. The hammer hits the side of the frame and can't strike the transfer bar full on. Got it home and found out why. The frame is cracked to the right side of the hammer. My question is schould I depend on a Smith to patch it or is this a new gun deal? This is on the back side of the plate, and it looks like it is eroading. I would think that would make the whole frame suspect.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:23:47 AM EDT
[#1]
That is a manufacturing defect.  Contact Taurus with that photo and see if they will take care of it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:29:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Call Taurus, havent dealt with them since 92 but had an issue with a gun and they sent me a new one.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:31:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have looked all over for an email addi for Taurus to send them a picture but nothing. Just phone #s. Anyone have an address?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:36:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I would call them, they're gonna tell you to send it in.   My gun was out and back 11 days door to door.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Any updates on this?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Any updates on this?

Update?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I had to call them once and they where great to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#8]
that sucks. Ive heard taurus takes like 3 months. good luck?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top