Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2004 7:30:41 PM EDT
Getting into a whole new line of guns...BHP and need something to carry it in, but alas, money is tight.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Best I have ever used for the money, but he can be slow on delivery with some orders. Call and see. You can buy an entire rig including belt and mag pouch for $110. I have three of his holsters and I really like them a lot.

www.wildbillsconcealment.com/
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll back the Milt Sparks VM2, which is just barely under $100 if you don't go for other options.  Also note, good holsters are built for a specific belt width so there isn't any significant slop.

However, you need (need) a good belt to go with it, which will likely be in the $60-$80 range itself - for myself, I bought the 1 1/4" Milt Sparks belt, though I imagine a Rosen or other high end belt would be equally good.  It does make a world of difference.
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Best I have ever used for the money, but he can be slow on delivery with some orders. Call and see. You can buy an entire rig including belt and mag pouch for $110. I have three of his holsters and I really like them a lot.

I don't have much carry experience, but use Wild Bills for IDPA.  I've spent my share of cash at Bills and can say it's good stuff, and Bill is a good guy to do business with.  They can be slow, but if you ever saw his workshop you'd be amazed that he can turn them out as fast as he does.  It's basically his kitchen...  the living room is his shipping recieving dept.  And if you call, you'll more than likely speak to him or his wife.  

Anyway, if you can catch him at a gun show it's the best way to get a holster fast.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:04:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have much carry experience, but use Wild Bills for IDPA.  I've spent my share of cash at Bills and can say it's good stuff, and Bill is a good guy to do business with.  They can be slow, but if you ever saw his workshop you'd be amazed that he can turn them out as fast as he does.  It's basically his kitchen...  the living room is his shipping recieving dept.  And if you call, you'll more than likely speak to him or his wife.  

Anyway, if you can catch him at a gun show it's the best way to get a holster fast.  

Slow is not the word for it.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#8]
+1 COMPLETELY AGREED

Helps support holster, reduces holster slip, grip flop, increases concealability in come cases (by keeping holster/pistol close to body).
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#9]
First of all, I think it depends on the weapon.  For example, I'm not real comfortable with carrying a cocked and locked 1911 without a thumb break.  But that's me.  

I do have a LOT a experience carrying concealed weapons and my all time favorite, by light years, is a P-7M8 and a pair of 32"x36" Levis.

Yeah it's 9mm and single stack mag capacity.   But it's flat as a pancake, accurate as hell, supremely reliable, virtually impossible to discharge accidentally and virtually disappears shoved in your pants behind your hip (belt wear would be recommended).  

I wouldn't necessarily go skydiving with it that way.  And I know most guys either love them or hate them (P-7's).  I loved mine and it never failed me.  And when the danger element becomes remotely probable, the gun's in my hand (not my pants) anyway.  In 20+ years I never found an inside the pants holster that did anything but make what I was trying to make smaller, bigger.  They just didn't work for me?  Again though, I think it depends a lot on what weapon you're contemplating.    
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a nice holster from High Noon that I have been really happy with.  They have a good number of options, and fairly quick turnaround times.  Not bad prices either, not to mention that they were one of the first to make a holster for my Operator!

dp
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:24:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Just placed my order today for a Brommeland Max Con V after reading the rave reviews on the 1911 forum. $70 - Gary also carries that particular model for the BHP w/ fixed sights.

Worth a look for you - wwww.brommelandgunleather.com/products.htm
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I assume you have a good belt and therefore I will recommend a Milt Sparks Summer Special II holster. You say you are going to use it with a BHP. I advise you to buy the holster for a 1911A! Government Model. Why? This holster works perfectly for the 1911 and BHP but if you order a holster for a BHP a Gov't Model will not fit. Regards, Richard:D
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Sidearmor was running a deal where you got an IWB holster, Wilderness 5-stitch belt and a spare mag holder for something like $115.  Check out their website for more details.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#14]
The Kramer IWB #2 is $105 in horsehide or $88 in cowhide and is my current favorite.  Sparks SS II is not a bad choice either.  Budget option is a Bladetech Kydex.

Also concur on the importance of a good belt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top