Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2009 2:31:34 PM EDT
This http://image.sportsmansguide.com/dimage/116692_ts.JPG?cell=200,200&cvt=jpeg is how I believe it is SUPPOSED to be worn (?), but I read that you could put the chest strap back behind your neck to conceal it, then I watched "Opperation Dumbo Drop" this morning, they were all wearing them with the right strap over the right shoulder and down to the belt. Wich was the way they were actually used by the military? All of the above?
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 8:45:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I spent 23 years in the military 15 of them in Armor, both M60A3 and M1's we almost always wore them as in the photograph.
Remember its not about concealed carry in the military but keeping the weapon out of the way while performing your main mission / duty.
In tanks if your using either your pistol or rifle things have already gone way too wrong....(why use a rifle or pistol when you have a 50, 2 30's, or a 120?)

On the other hand in an urban environment as a TC, it can be a lot faster to grab your M4 or M9 than to slew the cupola, Ask some of our Iraq vets...
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I sometimes use an M7 (was my dads) over here in Iraq now (inside the wire) and use it like the photo you posted (except for the belt loop). The ACUs cover the belt so it would be uncomfortable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top