Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2009 4:07:27 PM EDT
Well I picked up some of these mags but,man are these springs stiff
The only way I can load them up is to use the HK mag loader.....
Loading these with more than 5 rounds by hand is very hard and 10 rds by hand,
you can not do it ??
Should I cut off some spring ??? Send em back WTF ???
Thanks
John
Link Posted: 5/23/2009 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#1]
i have a few of these and yes they are hard to load but I dont think its because of the springs but rather a high mag body/follower friction which lessons after about 3 loadings. So no I would not cut the springs.
Link Posted: 5/23/2009 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
A buddy gave me two KCI 17 mags to try. With one I could get 10 rounds in it. If I tried for 11 the follower would tilt jamming everything up. The other one would make it to 14 rounds before the follower would tilt. They did run fine with 10 and 14 rounds.

I also noticed that the interior dimensions are short. My loads are 1.140" long and they have to sit cocked to fit. They don't do that in factory mags. Max length is 1.169" by SAAMI.

I told my friend the mags are junk. Not worth the expense of new followers and springs trying to fix them. Just buy factory mags for a bit more $ to start with.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried a couple KCI mags for my Glock 19 last night...liked em so much I want more. Went and found a site selling 10 packs for $100, placed the order today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top