Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 2:49:21 PM EDT
I change holsters a lot looking for the one.

I got away from the paddle and tried the Don Hume #10

I liked the way it rode tight on my body and always felt firm, but it pushed my weapon into my fat side, so I wasnt 110% on it, especially when driving.

Made an EE deal for a few holsters and tried the Galco Yaqui.

Damn do I like this thing!

I wasnt sure when I saw it, as there isnt much to it, but thats the beauty of it. The weapon moves with my body, but still nice and tight, and no more pushing into my fat side.

It also has just a touch more cant forward, which I prefer, and tension adjustments.

Great holster, glad I switched!

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks. I've been on the fence about one, I guess I'll give it a try.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Thanks. I've been on the fence about one, I guess I'll give it a try.

Used holsters are too damn cheap, and usually in nice shape. Mine were still inthe bag, like new, off EE, for a song, and a dance.

I have bought some at funshows for as little as a dollar. I have a box full of ones I have worn, I need a bigger box!

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Careful how you sit with the Yaqui, with some longer pistols, sitting in an armchair or bucket seats of cars can push the pistol out.  YMMV, but I can attest to this happening in the middle of a very nice restaurant!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Im running an Officers, but will keep an eye on it. I knew it felt too damn easy to be that good.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The Yaqui doesn't hold the gun tight enough to the body for me. I've been carrying my Pro Carry in a Galco Concealable that I picked up for $35. One of the most comfortable holsters I've ever used and keeps the butt of the gun nice and tight against my side.

That's one of the cool things about the EE and other For Sale/Trade forums online. You can pickup holsters that folks tried and just didn't like for some reason, and they're usually pretty cheap.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#7]
This one??

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#9]
That Don Hume is my primary carry holster, but I know exactly what you're talking about.  When I bought it about five years ago it was perfectly comfortable, but I've started to get a little more side since then.  

We'll see how the New Year's resolution concerning side reduction works out before I go buying anything else tho.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:18:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I will be able to get new stuff here in Thailand, though!

Oh yes you will..........

Good luck on the next family.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:46:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Gunguy...good heads up on the Yaqui and seated positions...I am thinking aobut picking one up today for certain situations where my Galco Phoenix might not do....another GREAT holster, by the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top