Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2005 9:52:02 AM EDT
Just ordered a new H&K USP-C, 45.  I am interested in your opinions as to which holster to get for IWB.  I have a couple of VM2's for a 3" Kimber and a S&W J frame that I really like.  Should I consider anything else or just go ahead and get the Milt Sparks.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just ordered a new H&K USP-C, 45.  I am interested in your opinions as to which holster to get for IWB.  I have a couple of VM2's for a 3" Kimber and a S&W J frame that I really like.  Should I consider anything else or just go ahead and get the Milt Sparks.  Thanks in advance.

I know everyone here is in love with the VM2s, but I carry a USPC 45 in the McDaniel II.  

The rough side of the leather is out to hold it steady in your pants.  The steel will NOT collapse when the gun is drawn.  The belt loop being behind the weapon pulls it in closer (similar to the VM2) and the belt loop is adjustible for angle with a locking Chicago screw.  

www.andrewsleather.com/macdaniel2.htm

There is not another IWB holster I use or will use.  :)
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a USPc 45 and couldn't imagine there is a better IWB than the MS VM II.

It's and awesome combo.

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Another one for the VMII and USPc.  I have very little experience with other leather IWB holsters, but I can say that I wear it everyday with many trips to the range and even some classes, the holster has held up well.  Reholstering is a snap, as it doesn't fold over.  With a proper belt, it doesn't shift and I know my USPc feels right at home in the VMII.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 3:21:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Picked up my new USP-c 45 on Sunday.  It's my first H&K.  Beautiful weapon.  Hope to shoot it for the first time today.  I appreciate the responses from you all.  I am leaning towards getting the VM-2 from Milt Sparks, since I have several and know the quality and fit first hand.  Since its a 4 to 5 month wait for a VM2, I am considering something else in the mean time.  I hate to just let this nice pistol sit and stare back at me while waiting for the holster.
Does anybody have any experience with the USP-c and a Com-Tac holster?  Any other sugestions?  I guess I still haven't ruled out the McDaniel II from Andrew's Leather either.  But to me, after getting a feel for the size and weight of the USP Compact, which is considerable, the VM2 is a holster that I know would do justice to this pistol.  Any more comments.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I carry mine in a Summer Special II, Carry it everyday, with no issues
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Picked up my new USP-c 45 on Sunday.  It's my first H&K.  Beautiful weapon.  Hope to shoot it for the first time today.  I appreciate the responses from you all.  I am leaning towards getting the VM-2 from Milt Sparks, since I have several and know the quality and fit first hand.  Since its a 4 to 5 month wait for a VM2, I am considering something else in the mean time.  I hate to just let this nice pistol sit and stare back at me while waiting for the holster.
Does anybody have any experience with the USP-c and a Com-Tac holster?  Any other sugestions?  I guess I still haven't ruled out the McDaniel II from Andrew's Leather either.  But to me, after getting a feel for the size and weight of the USP Compact, which is considerable, the VM2 is a holster that I know would do justice to this pistol.  Any more comments.  Thanks in advance.

I bought mine from a company in Oregon it they had it in stock. Shipped it same day and I had it in 3 days. I'll try and remember the name for you.

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:49:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I bought mine from a company in Oregon it they had it in stock. Shipped it same day and I had it in 3 days. I'll try and remember the name for you.

These guys?  www.lightningarms.com/products.htm

Same place I got my VMII.  Awesome folks to deal with!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:43:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

These guys?  www.lightningarms.com/products.htm

Same place I got my VMII.  Awesome folks to deal with!

That is the place.....awesome customer service!

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Got my new VM 11 for a 340 pd.  Try to post some pics.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Not VM11.  Sorry wrong pic.  This is Milt sparks Pockeet Holster.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I've used a CTAC for the past few weeks for my USP 9c. I love it! It's fast and comfortable, and I can tuck my shirt in if I want to.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the note.  I may get a CTAC while I wait for the VM11.  May end up using it full time.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Lightning Arms usually has about everything in stock.  I've got some holsters from them in the past and will continue to do so in the future.  

If you give 'em a call, the only wait you may have is the for the Postal Service!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Another place to check which stocks Sparks is topgunsupply.com.  Ignore what his web page says he has in stock, call him.  I just got a VM2 for a G23 from him.

I've also bought holsters from Lightning and they're excellent people to work with as well.

I believe ADCO also stocks Sparks, but that's secondhand information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top