Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2005 9:21:06 AM EDT
What do you suggest for range bags. Ones that would hold 4-5 guns, ammo, mags, accessories, ets. I looked at CED bags, Bagmaster,and Brigade
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#1]
4-5 guns, with ammo for all and other range necessities in one bag gets to be a bit much to lug around.  I've got one of the 5.11 Tactical range bags and 3 guns with about 300-400 rounds of ammo is more than enough weight for me.  I could easily get more stuff in it, but I wouldn't want to.

The 5.11 bag, Dillon's range bag and the bags that Shooter's Connection sell are all nice.  The I-Shot bags seem cheap to me and I'm not really familiar with the ones you mentioned.  There are A LOT of bags out there.  Best to get your hands on them if possible before purchasing and see what is going to work for you.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in ther market for one too, one I'm considering is from Eagle (good products overall). Another I am looking at (not purely a range bag though) is the Giles bag from Wilderness (the Instructor belt people). Like the man says, LOTS oif options out there. I've not even scoped out Dillon's offerings lately, but plan to before choosing one.

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#3]

I just went through the same exercise.

I decided on the 5.11 bag as the best for the $$

Using the C&R discount at Midway......$59!!

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 6:23:32 AM EDT
[#4]
i got a 3 gun iShot bag for $20 on sale at a local range - i really think it was marked incorrectly but i didnt say anything. i have had that bag 3 years without ONE problem. Could be organized and padded better? yea. is there ANY ONE THING wrong with it? NO. but thats just my experience with iShot.

If i were to buy a new ba i would buy bagmaster just because every other bag i run is BagMaster and i trust them.

good luck!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:47:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I found my answer.... located on the Springfield page, a link to the Ishot Pro Shooters bag (actually two links, one was temp. out of stock).

The two are
Pistol Gear
and
Gunners Alley

T Bone (Detroit).

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#6]
wallerandson.com.   I've had a couple of Waller range bags for over 20 years.  They are the best I've ever seen.  Every time I go to the range, I always get people curious about my bag and come over to visit about them.  Great quality and function.  Not cheap.  But great things usually aren't.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Got the Ishot bag from Gunners today, Priority Mail. It is VERY impressive, especially when considering the price ($55 plus shipping). It is really a feature packed, nice looking bag.

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

How can I get the C&R discount?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How can I get the C&R discount?

Thanks

Get a C&R, or if you have a C&R send Midway a copy of it
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 on the 5.11. I got one for my birthday and they are nice bags
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey this might seem a little weird, it did to me, but check out TAC Force. They are very nice bags high quality and a lot less. Some one mentioned this company and Airsoft Atlanta as a source for them. I gave the brand and the store a shot. Both the product and the service were very good. It shipped out the day I ordered even though it was late in the day like 4:30 there time. The only thing I have to say that might be considered a negative was the guy who took my order was a bit weird and a very abbreviated speaker but he got everything right and wasn't rude, I can live with that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I've given up on range bags. When full (2-3 pistols, 600 rnds of asstd ammo and everything else you might find in a range bag), they are akward and clunky. I've been using The Original Bag from Green Mountain Sports for the past 4 years. It's a good bag really. I have no complaints about it except that it's a bag. I weighed my range bag once and when full it was around 35 lbs.

To replace it, I ordered a Condor 2 from Maxpedition. I've got a Dansport backpack I've used a few times and it's much easier to hump a full load down to the rifle range on my back than over my shoulder.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I like the 5.11 myself, but when looking for the cheapest price they are all 79.99, I checked out sportsmans guide and they have one that looks 100% the same thing for 59.95, but no name brand.Are these the same bag or is it a knockoff ? The name stated is guide gear, but thats just the sportsmans guide name.  PLEASE HELP.  Thnx in advance.

www.sportsmansguide.com

cant get the url to work but click on shooting supplies, then cases and  you'll see it thnx and sorry.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone ?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I use Bagmaster.  It's worn like iron.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#16]
these should hold EVERYTHING you got http://www.uglypeople.com/uploaded/18609/funny2.jpg
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
these should hold EVERYTHING you got

This is wrong in so many ways.........MY GOD !!!!!!

www.uglypeople.com/uploaded/18609/funny2.jpg

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I like the 5.11 myself, but when looking for the cheapest price they are all 79.99, I checked out sportsmans guide and they have one that looks 100% the same thing for 59.95, but no name brand.Are these the same bag or is it a knockoff ? The name stated is guide gear, but thats just the sportsmans guide name.  PLEASE HELP.  Thnx in advance.

www.sportsmansguide.com

cant get the url to work but click on shooting supplies, then cases and  you'll see it thnx and sorry.

Check this bag out: cgi.ebay.com/iShot-Pro-Shooters-Range-Bag-Gun-Case-Rug-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ7208745916QQcategoryZ106972QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Note: I'm not the seller, but I have bought from items from this guy before.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Ebay? Of course! Why didn't I think of that! Coulda got the same bag I did without shipping charges! Oh well, very pleaeedd with the bag anyhow.....

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I actually bought a i-Shot Tournament/MODular bag from there tonight, I paid the same $94 that i-Shot sells it for, but didn't pay any ridiculous shipping charges
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

This is wrong in so many ways.........MY GOD !!!!!!hr

yeah, I know, but it is damned funny  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#22]
+1 on ISHOT
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
+1 on ISHOT

+2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top