Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 6:29:25 AM EDT
Hey guys, I'm about to buy some hi-cap mags for my SW 5906, most places have Pro-mag or Mec-Gar.  I've seen a place or two that have Eagle but they are much cheaper.  Pro-mag's have that fuzzy lifetime guarantee but we all know that don't usually mean much.  So in your experiences which should I go with?  Also if any of you know, do the 17rd mags fit flush?

Thanks,

AL
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Mec-Gar , under contract with major c0mpany's, make mags for sig etc.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#3]
pro-mag is junk, eagle is even worse.  Since the ban is up, why not factory mags?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Factory or Mec-gar.  Everything else will be a waste of your money.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 Mec-gar
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I would rate factory and Mec-gar as equal.
Promag comes in a distant second.
And Eagle were never in the running.

Between Promag and Mec-Gar, get the Mec-Gar even if they are more expensive.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Go with the Mec-Gar.....They are the suppliers to most major manufacturers including SIG and Springfield.  Chances are you can get the same exact mag except for markings for up to $20 cheaper.  CDNN Investments is a great place for good cheap pistol mags.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Mec-Gar, or factory.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Guess its unanimous, Mec-gar is the winner.  To the question of why not factory, everywhere ive found them factory mags are considerably more expensive, more money = more mags.  Thanks for all the replies ppl, sorry it took me so long to get back here, was gone to Biloxi to help a friend pack up to move away from there.  Man is that place destroyed!!!

Thanks again,

AL
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#11]
most companies have their "factory" magazines contracted out. MecGar makes a lot of "factory" mags for big name companies. If you do a little research on the gun you are getting the mags for, you could probably find out who makes them and get the exact same mags as factory for cheaper. Other than that I have always been happy with mecgar mags
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top