Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 12:49:04 PM EDT
I have a xd40 and a 1911 fullsize i would like to get a holster for both that go's on the waist but inside my pants were and who do i go to??/ thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:26:15 AM EDT
[#1]
you don't mention what barrel length your xd40 is (i'm assuming the 4" ish size).

for what you're talking about, it would take a real loose holster.  you've got differences in slide width and heigth, different profiles with your trigger guards (1911's sa vrs. xd's dao type), and of course barrel length.  

uncle mike's has some IWB holsters that i HATE, but they might serve your need if you're dead set at only one holster.  i'd get the one that would fit a 1911, and your xd might fit ok, might just fall down into the holster until your frontstrap comes into contact w/ the holster and that would'nt give you a good weapon presentation (when you first grab your pistol to effect a draw).

i STRONGLY reccommend that now that you've got 2 good firearms, if at all possible, get a good holster for each.  i know that finances can be tough sometimes, but comfort, weapon security, concealability are too important for a one size fits all.  that's why they are hard to find, no one has a really good one IMHO.  don't skimp if at all possible.

if i were you, i'd get one holster for one of your handguns, don't forget the belt (get a good one- i use a 1 1/2" horse hide double thick from ted blocker), and just carry one for the time being.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top