Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2020 12:25:14 PM EDT
Help me decide between the RMR or the Holosun 508T V2. I like that the RMR is proven and bombproof. The Holosun solves some issues that I have for with the RMR: deep blue tint, slightly smaller window, battery under optic vs side load on Holosun, fish eye on RMR. Really, the only thing holding me back on the Holosun is the brand and Chinese origin. I'm having a hard time getting on the bandwagon. I usually try to buy top of the line and proven stuff. I plan to train with this one and if I like it get another one for my EDC. This will be put on an Agency AOS milled slide. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
RMR type 2 off EE. I've bought a few auto adjust for $325-350
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Holosun.  Sounds crazy.  Been shooting RMR's extensively for the past 3 years.  Between the 3 that I have, each one probably saw at least 10-15k apiece on the gun they were mounted on.  I absolutely hate seeing folks spend hard earned money on sub-par gear.
I won't name brands or models, but there are a lot of options that are not duty grade, and didn't think that anything could top the RMR in this market.  Snagged a 507 type 1 to see what the hype was all about and loved it so much, I swapped that one out with a v2 just recently.  The 508 is the same thing made with titanium instead of aluminum.  The tint is much less on the 507, the reticle is sharper, and the window is just slightly larger.  It's enough to make tracking the dot through recoil a little easier.  The only thing I think the RMR does better at this point is its auto-adjust is marginally better.  The durability aspect is important too, and at this rate - anything that makes it through Cowan's testing is encouraging.  I love the fact they share the same footprint, so you're able to try both.  Definitely not dumping my RMR's at this point, but I just had my annual battery swap-out party for my pistols and I left the 507 on my primary carry gun.  Even if they were priced exactly the same I'd choose the 507.  

What I do want to emphasize is this - it's not a life shattering difference between the two.  I find one marginally better than the other but would be well served with either.  Very curious to see what Trijicon does for their Type 3.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Have both. Both are GTG. If you like the circle and dot and/ or a green reticle, go Holosun. If not, I'd still go RMR . rm06.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 3:04:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies guys. I have been waiting to do a red dot on a pistol hoping that a RMR Type 3 would come out. I can't wait any longer. I think I'm gunna go with a Holosun for now. When the type 3 comes out with slightly less tint, slightly larger window and easy battery swaps I can always pick one up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The side loading battery is amazing.  I have 3 507Cs on my pistols and a V2 on my shotgun.  Fuck constantly trying to zero a pistol red dot with every battery change.  Such a bitch.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:57:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The side loading battery is amazing.  I have 3 507Cs on my pistols and a V2 on my shotgun.  Fuck constantly trying to zero a pistol red dot with every battery change.  Such a bitch.
View Quote

For sure!
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:54:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Doesn't the holosun have a 10 year battery life?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

5 years on the dot only on medium brightness.  Mine stays on setting 10 or whatever the second to the highest is, so that cuts it down even more. Mine get changed yearly out of precaution.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I personally prefer the Holosun 508T over the RMR. Even though the RMR has a great track record and is a great sight, the 508t is just as durable and packed with more features that I really like. I particularly like the Circle dot reticle and the better lens clarity than the RMR, and I think the solar panel on top is cool. It sucks that it's made in china, but that's also why the price is where it is for such a quality sight.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Been waiting for a 508T v2 since March. If you can't wait any longer, I've read the v2 is supposed to start shipping in July sometime, but they've now missed a few ship times so it's hard to say. I've had several RMR's and with Sage Dynamics tests on durability, I much prefer the features of the Holosun. Just wating on Holosun to get them into consumer hands still.

Link Posted: 6/20/2020 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Doesn't the new Holosun have its own "footprint" compared to the RMR?
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 12:23:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Doesn't the new Holosun have its own "footprint" compared to the RMR?
View Quote

The 407k/507k has a different footprint, the same as the Sig Romeo Zero and Swampfox Sentinal. The footprint is for small carry pistols like the Shield and p365 xl plus other small carry guns.

Link Posted: 6/26/2020 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The 407k/507k has a different footprint, the same as the Sig Romeo Zero and Swampfox Sentinal. The footprint is for small carry pistols like the Shield and p365 xl plus other small carry guns.

View Quote

I’ll be avoiding Swampfox, thanks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

For sure!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For sure!

I've never had this problem thankfully, my RMRs are pretty good about returning to zero every time I put them back on.  

Easy to check, after putting them back on just reference the dot against the irons and adjust them to cowitness if the dot is off.  Then verify at the next range session.

Looking to pick up a 507 or 508, I want to try the circle-dot reticle.  But not having to remove and return the sight every year will be a nice side benefit.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#15]
As I do not prefer the Circle dot reticle of the 507 I went with the 407C V2 Same sight in every way except reticle only has 2 MOA dot.

cp
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As I do not prefer the Circle dot reticle of the 507 I went with the 407C V2 Same sight in every way except reticle only has 2 MOA dot.

cp
View Quote

I just ordered a 407C V2 as well, I've tried the circle on my
my 507C and just don't care for it, no sense paying for it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I just ordered a 407C V2 as well, I've tried the circle on my
my 507C and just don't care for it, no sense paying for it.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly. Money saved can be spent on Ammo!
cp
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Holosun is solid and affordable.  I had the same issues as you with the RMR, sold it and bought a Holosun.  Holosun has cleaner glass, no fish eye and larger window.  I may get an SRO as it has the best window IMO.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 2:45:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Does Agency have a plate for the Holosuns now? Their old RMR plate did not work (lugs were too tall.) They offered you could send in your Holosun and buy a plate and they would mod it to fit.

Currently I have a RMR2 using the FCD plate on a G19.5 MOS, and a Holosun 508Tv1 on an AOS cut G19X slide (with modified plate).

I prefer the Holosun. I'm waiting for the 508Tv2 to be available before I consider replacing the RMR on my MOS gun. But the FCD plate tolerances are too tight -- Holosun's footprints don't stay exactly the same across the brand. So I'd have use a MOS plate and those are not confidence inspiring.

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 3:06:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Does Agency have a plate for the Holosuns now? Their old RMR plate did not work (lugs were too tall.) They offered you could send in your Holosun and buy a plate and they would mod it to fit.

Currently I have a RMR2 using the FCD plate on a G19.5 MOS, and a Holosun 508Tv1 on an AOS cut G19X slide (with modified plate).

I prefer the Holosun. I'm waiting for the 508Tv2 to be available before I consider replacing the RMR on my MOS gun. But the FCD plate tolerances are too tight -- Holosun's footprints don't stay exactly the same across the brand. So I'd have use a MOS plate and those are not confidence inspiring.

View Quote

Check CHPWS.  I think they have one specifically for the HSun
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

http://www.chpws.com/product/v4-mil-leo-glock-mos-to-trijicon-rmr-holosun-407c-407c-v2-507c-507c-v2-508t-and-508t-v2
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I spoke with Agency a month or 2 ago they told me they would have to modify the AOS plate for the Holosun to fit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top