Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2015 3:21:03 PM EDT
I've got two milled Glock slides and am running Trijicon RMRs on both of them. Recently they each have started to "wink out" on me while I'm shooting them. No, I'm not just "losing the dot" they literally are either just dimming or going out altogether. I'm pretty pissed off since I have nearly $900 tied up in RMRs with these things.

Is this common?
Your experiences?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The Suarez International forum has lots on information/threads on RMRs.  Might need the baseplate between the RMR and the slide.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I've not had any issues with mine personally.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Two slides, two RMRs, and both are having the same problem?  Problem started occurring at the same time?

Have you tried swapping them around? How long have you owned them?

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 12:41:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it an RMR07?  If so, there are known issues with their durability. Contact Trijicon. They'll take car of it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an RMR06 and had the same problem. It was a battery connection issue that Trijicon resolved quickly.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I have purchased two in the last year.  One has been fine the other has been back to Trijicon twice for same issue you are having.  The second time it came back the paper work said "upgraded battery contact".  This was in September or so.  It must be a new fix as our LE Trijicon dealer  asked me send him a picture of it.  He had heard about it but not seen it.  I have a couple hundred rounds through it since getting it back and it seems to be working.  I erased the photo from my phone and cant take a new one without taking the optic off.  Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top