Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 7:29:41 PM EDT
As many of you know I shoot a LOT of .22 on the range, and recently came upon a deal on SMG that has turned out to be very disappointing.

They had an ad for 5000 rounds of Blazer .22 LR ammo that came out a wee bit cheaper than even the Remington Golden Bullet from walmart, so I grabbed a case.

I have used Blazer ammo before, and have never had a problem with it, even the alumunum cases... but this crap was a whole different story.

When I got it I was initally pleased... I opened a couple of boxes to find shiny, and what APPEARED to be good quality ammo.

That is... until I went to the range today.

This stuff is pure garbage... its low powered even for standard velocity ammo.

The crap wasnt even powerful enough to cycle the slide on my Walther P22. I had to manually chamber a round between each shot. I put 200 rounds of Reminton Golden Bullets through it today to be sure it wasnt the gun... it wasnt.

Well, I thought to myself that I just have a lot of ammo now for my .22 Revolver... so I loaded up my wheel gun and fired off 9 rounds.

And then much to my dismay I found the casings VERY difficult to eject without using the table to press the ejector rod.

Apparently the brass is SO soft and of such poor quality that it expands, and even ruptures when fired. I have NEVER had such crappy .22 LR ammo in my life.

I shot a couple hundred rounds of it today...

Well... only 4800 more rounds of this shit to shoot before I can go back to my Golden Bullets...

Next weekend I will try it in my Ruger 10/22 rifle and see how well it works there, if at all.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:18:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I've shot several thousand rounds of this same ammo recently - out to 175 yards, believe it or not, and found it very good, accurate, and reliable out of my CZ 452 American and Thompson Classic rifles.

I think you  might have a bad batch. Send Speer an E-mail with the lot numbers- I bet they make it right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top