Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 3:49:12 PM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with the Corbon Pow'rball specifically in .380?  What are your opinions regarding the Pow'rball?  I just picked up a new .380 BUG to replace my .32 and looking for an effective round in this caliber.  For my primary 9mm I use 124 Speer GDHPs in +P.  I fired 6 rounds of the CB PB .380 this morning and it was accurate enough and did not seem to have anymore recoil than the Spanish surplus .380 I was shooting.
AF-Odin
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Powerball ammo is supposed to duplicate frangible ammunition (Glaser,Magsafe) with standard ballistics and  cycle reliability with a good feed profile shape. The ammunition is likely going to be shallow penetrating due to its frangible design.  For a .380 I would prefer a deeper penetrating round than the PB.  102gr. Remington Golden Sabre immediately comes to mind...
if your heart is set on choosing this round, make sure you shoot enough of them to determine accuracy and feed reliability.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought a Walther PPK/S and I am in still in the process of finding the best match between gun and ammo.

So far I have bought a few boxes of Rem 102 gr Golden Sabers, Win 85 gr SilverTips and CorBon 80 gr DPX.

Since the 380 is not a powerhouse of a cartridge, I am looking for more penetration in the ammo I am going to use.  Muzzle energies between these 3 rounds are relatively close, Rem Golden Sabers - 200 ft/lbs, Win Silver Tips - 189 ft/lbs and the CorBon DPX at 220ft/lbs.  I am sure the DPX will penetrate the best of the three, and it has the highest muzzle energy, so I am leaning toward this round, but if it doesn't feed well or is completely inaccurate, then I will move to one of the other two loads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top