Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2022 1:22:29 PM EDT

Test Gun: Ruger LCP
Barrel length: 2.75 inches.
Ammunition: Underwood .380 ACP 90gr +P XTP (Item 141)
Test media: 10% Vyse Ballistics Gel.
Distance: 10 feet.
Chronograph: Caldwell Ballistic Precision Chronograph G2.
Five shot velocity average: 1036fps
BB Calibration two shots: 4 and 3.75 inches.

https://general-cartridge.com/2022/11/05/underwood-380-acp-90gr-p-xtp-in-vyes-ballistics-gel/
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the standard pressure underwood XTP in my LCP. Based on your test I may switch to the new hydrashock deep once I can source it in sufficient quantities
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#2]
This is the load that I carried when I last carried my Glock 42. I have faith in it. The recoil is noticeably harder than all other standard loads.

My main concern about such "special" loads is that I could not easily afford to shoot enough to really make sure they run reliably.

I think the results from the OP (thank you OP for the excellent tests) were very good. I can live happily with the slightly less penetration.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Hm. I chronoed this 100fps faster from an LCP Max.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 1:14:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I use the standard pressure underwood XTP in my LCP. Based on your test I may switch to the new hydrashock deep once I can source it in sufficient quantities
View Quote

I bought 5 boxes of the Hydrashok Deep to feed my new LCP Max.  I ran 40 rounds thru it and it fed 100%.  They must have cranked out a new production run because its available at $25-30 a box.  I found it thru ammoseek. You may want to jump on it since the number of sellers appears to be dropping now.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top