Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2011 12:49:35 PM EDT
Finally, some time off. Today, I decided to go through some gun related stuff that I have been given by friends over the years and share it with you all. This is mostly .45 ACP and the 16 gauge shell is just for kicks.

I've never seen .45 ACP tracers before (left right side) and just noticed the rest in the mix. The EC 43 are steel cased and bullet will also attract a magnet. The SWC is pretty cool also.

The 16 ga, Short Shot String whatever that is (?), looks like a slug to me, no where on it does it say what it is.

Enjoy,

Danny
Link Posted: 11/23/2011 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice old cartridges, like the old stuff.
Link Posted: 11/23/2011 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet they all go bang
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 4:15:59 AM EDT
[#3]
a shot string is the type of pattern that leaves the shotgun barrel. we all know the bb's come out in a spread, but its also 3d. The shot you take that emerges from your shotty is a column 10-15 feet long and that column is called the shot string. In the case of your cartridges, the shot string is more compact.
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 5:39:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I've shot Several boxes of old paper shell 16 and 12 guage shells.
Use to pick them up at te local gun shows all the time.
Probably had a half dozen duds.
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a few USGI .45acp rounds from 1918.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup, I have some grampa brought back. I fired half a dozen in my Glock. About 50% of them lit off and were fairly accurate at 20 yards...the other half, well, they look cool!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top