Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 7:20:36 PM EDT
I am trying to identify two 45acp rounds that were left at my house after a gathering of shooters a few weekends ago.

The rounds were mixed in with a box of corbon rounds and I have know idea who's they were.

first round is stamped EXT SHK 45 AUTO.  It has a standardcopper hollow point but there is an orange colored polymer (looking) ball, which is also hollowed out, inserted into the copper jacket.  It almost looks like a corbon 'powrball' but orange and the ball is hollow.

The second round is stamped R . P 45 AUTO and is also a hollow point though it is a standard looking one.

The carteridge cases both appear to be steel.

Thanks for any help you can provide.  Not a big deal but curious what the hell they are.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about the second one, but the first one is probably an Extreme Shock "Air Freedom Round"

Does it look like this?

www.extremeshockusa.com
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats definately one of them.  Thanks for the info.  Don't know anything about that company but the site looks cheezy as hell.  It's a frangible round designed for use in aircraft...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#3]
RP Remington products maybe?  I don't have any Rem ammo to double check though!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep,

Remington golden sabre.  Don't know what grain but they are good rounds so I've read and I know they've been around for quite awhile.  Funny though that I have never shot them.  I stick to the UMC for plinking as well as other cheaper rieliables.  LOL!

Been using Corbon for CCW but I am looking for something new to try.

Thanks again for your help!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]
R P is the case stamp on Remington ammunition... the P stands for Peters....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Extreme shock is an extreme joke
Top Top