Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 7:18:05 PM EDT
I've read here that Gold Cup slides are narrower than standard Colt slides.  Is it possible to put a standard Gov. Colt slide on a Gold Cup frame?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
C'mon, somebody....
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
They are not narrower through the slide rails, but any slide/frame combo has the possibilty of having fitting issues.   They ARE narrower through the barrel hood, which would mean going to a new barrel, if you have a Gold Cup barrel.  So yes, it's possible, but not a straight forward swap regarding barrels.  What do you have, and what do you intend to do?

If you have a GC, and you want to go to a regular Colt round top slide, then you would also need a new barrel.  If you want to go to a Colt slide strictly to go to fixed sights, you can get an Enhanced slide, which will be just like the GC, but with fixed sights.

Also, Colt slides are expensive.  You can get them from Colt or Brownells.  Unless you're an FFL or get some other trade discount, the price will be fairly high (high enough that I would just go buy a NRM 1991, but that's just me).   Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks hobbs, you da man!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top