Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2017 11:13:27 PM EDT
Hey do the mustang pocketlites have any kind of a break in period?  I shot mine for the first time yesterday.  I put about 150 rounds in it.  100 ball and 50 of the hornady custom .380.  

I had 2 failures shooting the hornady.  It looked like a failure to extract that caused a double feed both times.  After the first failure I checked extractor tension and it wouldn’t even hold the round by the rim.  Gun was also a little dirty after 50 rounds of ball but I didn’t clean it.  I tightened up the extractor.  Shot some more ball rounds and everything seemed good.  That also stopped an occasional empty from hitting me in the face.  I put a couple more mags of the hornady through it and I think on the 2nd mag I had my 2nd failure.

Gun was pretty filthy at this point.  The ball ammo was PMC and Remington UMC.  Also, both failures occurred using a 7 round colt mag I bought.  No failures with the 6 round mags that came with it.  I was thinking maybe the mag was to blame but that wouldn’t make sense to me.  

After cleaning I checked extractor tension with some empty cases since I was out of ammo.  The PMC was held firmly as where 2 out of 3 of the hornady cases I picked up.  However, one of the hornady casings would slip in and fall out without the extractor really touching it at all.

Today I picked up some SIG performance hollow points as that’s the only defensive ammo I found when I was out and about.  I put 32 rounds of that through my gun with 16 of those going through my 7 round magazine.  I did a mag dump as fast as I could pull the trigger on one of those as well.  No problems feeding or extracting.  

I am thinking now that I may have had an ammo problem that was aggravated by a dirty gun.  Anyone have any input, opinions, or better yet, any experience to share?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah,,I thought  I had a ammo problem with my Mustang
I even had 5 different boxes/brands/bullet types in my shooting box
I even bought a different magazine(Sig)

I took me a lot of shooting time before I started to realize that the problems were happening on a mix of ammos and magazines

So I did a google search and discovered a extractor problem is quite common and these guns from the Colt factory.
Called Colt and sent pistol back and they repaired extractor problem under warranty.
Top Top