Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 11:28:39 AM EDT
Currently I do not own any revolvers but this one has caught my attention. Anyone in the DFW area that has one I could run some ammo through? I have already picked up some ammo and felt that sting but it's tolerable if I like the revolver enough. One main concern I have though is that the barrel needs to be replaced or switched out every 1500 rounds or so. I doubt I would go through that much ammo myself but I will probably run .454 and .45Colt through it as well so it would be difficult to keep an exact amount of pressure to get an good gauge of how much the barrel has worn down. Anything else I should be concerned about with this revolver?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
why would anyone convince you to get this revolver?

i say get a .500 S&W and have it over with.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I never have fired the 460, i certainly know the ammo is cheaper and you have more options then the 500. However I own two 500 mags  one 8 3/8 inch and I just purchased another this week, a 7.5 inch performance center model.

I use mine on Hogs and Deer, it certainly is not cheap to shoot. I would recomend getting a performance center model, the trigger pull on mine is excellent, plus I like the rails for mounting optics on the PC models. and it seems you can find the performance center models for not much more then the standard model
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#3]
here's a special run from the performance center 1 of 500

it runs about a grand

The one thing you need to keep in mind that if you reload for the 460 or 500 you need to use high quality bonded bullets because the velocity will cause seperation on cheap bullet
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:17:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I am thinking the .500 with the thought that you reload for it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok. Let's say I go with the .500 - any major difference in the velocity or accuracy between the 8 3/8" and the 4" barrels?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top