Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 12:12:20 PM EDT
My aunt just gave me my great-grandfather's service revolver.  It's a model 38 Bodyguard Airweight in like-new condition with serial 2281xx.  I was always told it was from the 30s but I have learned that the "mod 38" stamping is indicative of post-1957 guns. Anyone have any insight on this?
Chris
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The Model 38 was produced from 1955-1999, so it's clearly not from the 30's. If there's no "J" preceeding the serial # it's a bit hard to pinpoint the exact mfg. date, but it probably would fall into the late 50's/very early 60's range. They're a nice little gun, and I have a later version,  a Model 49.

Enjoy,

RUT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top