Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2005 10:29:49 PM EDT
We had some in the armory when I was in the AF, just used them to shoot blanks when training K-9s.  I believe they were 4" barrels, sort of a gray finish.  These were issue Security Police revolvers and many of them still had the grips that their previous "owners" had put on them.  I remember that they had a really nice trigger and that I was really impressed with them.  

If I'm not mistaken, that's the Combat Masterpiece, right?  Any idea which civilian model would be closest to the AF issue?  What would one go for?  
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I think a modern model 10 might come closest to shooting & feeling the same. Obviously fixed sights wouldn't allow it to be the same, not to mention the model 10 has been recently dropped, IIRC?

Link Posted: 12/4/2005 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a M15 which is Nickle plated...when I bought the gun the inside of the barrel was pretty badly pitted(due to misuse, no doubt) I had a local gunsmith put a replacement barrel on the gun.(It was a hard thing to find a replacement barrel for this gun) It will give me 3" groups at thirty yards....4" barrel....I can't ask much more than that...I really like this gun, and wouldn't hesitate to use it to defend myself, it simply cannot malfunction, and is quite surprisingly accurate to me. Cheers!

PS: I bought the gun from my mother in-law for 150, and had a twenty dollar barrel installed for 40 bucks...that's 210 right? See ya!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 5:41:18 AM EDT
[#4]
The Model 10 is in the 2005 catalog. 4"bbl. That and the new 520 are the only blued guns in the catalog. Lowest priced among the K/L revolvers.

Quoted:
I think a modern model 10 might come closest to shooting & feeling the same. Obviously fixed sights wouldn't allow it to be the same, not to mention the model 10 has been recently dropped, IIRC?

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of the mod.15 and used to carry it. ( now i carry a mod.60). the mod.15 is a good weapon and very dependable. you can't go wrong with it if your looking for a 4"bbl. mine is a custom job for the Mexican feds (I was told this by some of our local Mexican folks). For fast shooting. i should sell it,as it's just setting in the safe. Anyhow, I can't say enough good about the Mod.15.
                                       God's blessings,
                                               Ken
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I was issued a Model 15 when I first started at the Sheriff's office many, many years ago. It had been used and abused, but it had the sweetest action of any revolver I ever shot. These were the 4" blued versions and it served me well for several years until we switched to the stainless Model 66's. The 66's were nice and we were given a choice of the 4" or 6" for patrol and the 2-1/2" version for plainclothes work, but they never had the smooth actions like the old Model 15's did. The 66's were also chambered in .357 magnum, but all we were allowed to carry were .38spl's.

In the civilian world, the Model 15 came in either a blue or nickel finish and you also had the choice of a 2" or 4" barrel. The stainless version is the model 67 and that only came in the 4" barrel if I remember correctly.

I have the Model 18, which is the .22 version and it is a great trail gun. You can't go wrong with the Model 15. They are running anywhere from $350 to $450 depending on condition.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I carried an M-15 in the AF and loved them.  It took me 20+ years to FINALLY locate one, which I did earlier this year, and mine is 98%.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It took me 20+ years to FINALLY locate one, which I did earlier this year,

Might I suggest you look at Gun List newspaper for your future searches??????
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It took me 20+ years to FINALLY locate one, which I did earlier this year,

Might I suggest you look at Gun List newspaper for your future searches??????

I really wasn't searching in earnest these past 20 years, I just happened to see one at a gun show early in 2005 and bought it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top