Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2022 10:26:32 PM EDT
(I'm not associated with the seller)

The Shield 1.0 and 2.0 slide, and lower internal parts are completely "drop-in" compatible.
This seller has been offering a few Shield Plus frames on Gunbroker + tax/trsf, along with fullsize M&P metal and polymer frames

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#1]
That seller sells other S&W parts on Ebay. I've bought from him before and had a good experience.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That seller sells other S&W parts on Ebay. I've bought from him before and had a good experience.
View Quote

Same. Solid dude and ships fast.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 3:30:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same. Great seller, I always wondered what he did with the frames he strips.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#4]
So let me get this straight, my Shield 1.0 top end will fit this frame? Just add a trigger and mags?
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So let me get this straight, my Shield 1.0 top end will fit this frame? Just add a trigger and mags?
View Quote

I know a 2.0 slide works on a plus frame so I'd guess a 1.0 would as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

The seller says in his Gunbroker ad that 1.0 and 2.0 slides are compatible with this frame.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#7]
1.0 top end on Shield Plus frame (Purchased from UncleTed2012 on GB)
Attachment Attached File

The Plus shoots like a full size service pistol but carries like a mouse gun. I highly recommend this upgrade.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 11:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've made five purchases from him so far, excellent seller.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Oooh, now that’s tempting! I kept one of my Shield 1.0’s and now have a 3.1” Plus and 4.0” Plus but a spare Plus frame for only $50 is tough to turn down.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:02:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for posting this. I’d been looking for another full size M&P frame, and I found one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Has anyone removed the parts out of their Shield 2.0 and installed them in a Shield Plus frame? Does the 2.0 trigger assembly fit/work in a Shield Plus?
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:18:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought a 2.0 fde 9mm compact frame from this seller. smooth transaction, the  frame is perfect. there is something about the M&Ps with black slides & fde frames that I really like. I may have more than one.
maybe this seller will come up with a fde frame for a 2.0 45acp....
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Has anyone removed the parts out of their Shield 2.0 and installed them in a Shield Plus frame? Does the 2.0 trigger assembly fit/work in a Shield Plus?
View Quote

While I don't have a Shield 2.0 I did have an Apex carry kit in mine and it works flawless in the Plus frame so I don't see why the 2.0 trigger wouldn't either.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyone know if anyone is selling shield plus frames with safety anywhere?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone know if anyone is selling shield plus frames with safety anywhere?
View Quote

Frerestone Armory is selling two (well, one, because I just bought on) on Gunbroker right now.  They also have two no thumb safety frames.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Very tempting. Waiting for GB to reinstate my buyer's privileges since my account had gone inactive due to lack of activity...

Does anyone know if a Shield 1.0 Apex trigger will work with the Shield Plus frame?
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

From the ad:

1.0 top end on Shield Plus frame
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/130695/20221226_143140_jpg-2649850.JPG

eta 1/12/23
My 1.0 slide + Shield Plus assembled frame worked perfectly at the range today. I had to get used to the new trigger's reset, but there was zero trigger creep.

I mostly rapid fired at 3 and 5 yards in order to test the recoil and practice combat reloading. With the Hogue grip sleeve, the recoil was negligible with factory 115 gr. ammo. Reacquiring the front sight was effortless. It's so easy to mag dump and maintain a group, that I might just purchase 15 rounders.

Honestly, the Plus shoots like a full size service pistol but carries like a mouse gun. I highly recommend this affordable upgrade.
View Quote

What trigger? Factory 2.0 or ? Inquiring minds want to know.

I still have a NIB Shield 1.0 in the safe somewhere from when someone had them discounted heavily. Can't remember if it is a thumb safety model or not. I've been considering picking up a Shield+ recently because of the extra capacity just to try out.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What trigger? Factory 2.0 or ? Inquiring minds want to know.

I still have a NIB Shield 1.0 in the safe somewhere from when someone had them discounted heavily. Can't remember if it is a thumb safety model or not. I've been considering picking up a Shield+ recently because of the extra capacity just to try out.
View Quote

I bought my completely assembled Shield Plus frame (with factory 2.0 trigger) from GB seller, UncleTed2012, out of Utah.

Freestone Armory currently has a stripped Plus frame available on GB for $65. They also have the 2.0 trigger for sale on Ebay.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Very tempting. Waiting for GB to reinstate my buyer's privileges since my account had gone inactive due to lack of activity...

Does anyone know if a Shield 1.0 Apex trigger will work with the Shield Plus frame?
View Quote

Absolutely, I did this about two weeks ago. Incredible upgrade to being able to use 15 round OEM mags.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/11/2023 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, I think you just convinced me. Now to get my GB account squared away. Been waiting on their response.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Concerning Shield+ factory mags and others:
1) Do the 10 and 13 round mags use the same mag body with a different baseplate?
2) Are the 15 round "Equalizer" mags just a factory 13 rd with a +2 baseplate or is the 10rd shorter?
S&W M&P Shield/Equalizer 15 Round 9mm Magazine 3015890
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I bought my completely assembled Shield Plus frame (with factory 2.0 trigger) from GB seller, UncleTed2012, out of Utah.

Freestone Armory currently has a stripped Plus frame available on GB for $65. They also have the 2.0 trigger for sale on Ebay.
View Quote

This one?
S&W M&P SHIELD PLUS Trigger Assembly Return Spring Shoe 9mm 30sc 1.0 M2.0 Smith

With my Shield 1.0, the frame from GB, Shield+ mags, and the trigger above, do I need anything else to have a functioning Shield+?
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Concerning Shield+ factory mags and others:
1) Do the 10 and 13 round mags use the same mag body with a different baseplate?
2) Are the 15 round "Equalizer" mags just a factory 13 rd with a +2 baseplate or is the 10rd shorter?
S&W M&P Shield/Equalizer 15 Round 9mm Magazine 3015890
View Quote

The mag bodies are different and the 10 is shorter than the 13 but I don't have a 15 rounder to describe.

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This one?

With my Shield 1.0, the frame from GB, Shield+ mags, and the trigger above, do I need anything else to have a functioning Shield+?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This one?

No you don't need anything else, you can also forgo the the 2.0 trigger if your ok dealing the crappy Gen trigger.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm considering a complete new Shield Plus. A local shop has one in stock with the optics cut slide.
What red dots fit that?
S&W just says "The optic choice is yours, choose from any Shield SMS optic footprint which covers up to 80% of the micro compact red dot optics on the market."
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 10:36:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm considering a complete new Shield Plus. A local shop has one in stock with the optics cut slide.
What red dots fit that?
S&W just says "The optic choice is yours, choose from any Shield SMS optic footprint which covers up to 80% of the micro compact red dot optics on the market."
View Quote

mine has a Swampfox Sentinel, no adapter plate needed.  the Ameriglo CAP sights I use are slightly higher than the stock sights so I can see them thru the optic.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 11:19:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Tonight I disassembled my Shield 1.0 and installed all the parts into the Shield Plus frame, and it was super easy.  Initial function check without the slide checked out: the trigger bar lifted the sear with the safety off, and didn't budge with the safety on.  However, once I installed the slide, I ran into two big issues.  The first is that the slide doesn't always want to go all the way back, it wants to stop a few millimeters short of being able to engage the slide stop. Other times it will go all the way back.  The other and bigger issue is that the trigger is non-functional.  It feels lifeless, and most times I fully pull it the rear and nothing happens, but occasionally it will fire the striker after it's allllll the way to the rear (after a slight delay).  I've held the two frames up side by side and they seem to have identical dimensions front to back and side to side, so I'm guessing maybe it's a vertical distance issue causing the issue with the trigger mechanism in the slide engaging the striker block and striker in the slide?

Does anyone have any ideas?  Has anyone else that's done this swap had any issues?
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Didn’t know you could swap everything.  I did know the Shield Plus trigger drops right into a Shield 1.0 & 2.0.

I’ve had one listed for a while on here.  Not sure people realize how much better these triggers are & how easy it is to install.

FA is gtg, I got the trigger listed in the EE on here from him, he’s a reasonably nice guy absolutely a legit seller.

He’s very knowledgeable.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 5:34:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Tonight I disassembled my Shield 1.0 and installed all the parts into the Shield Plus frame, and it was super easy.  Initial function check without the slide checked out: the trigger bar lifted the sear with the safety off, and didn't budge with the safety on.  However, once I installed the slide, I ran into two big issues.  The first is that the slide doesn't always want to go all the way back, it wants to stop a few millimeters short of being able to engage the slide stop. Other times it will go all the way back.  The other and bigger issue is that the trigger is non-functional.  It feels lifeless, and most times I fully pull it the rear and nothing happens, but occasionally it will fire the striker after it's allllll the way to the rear (after a slight delay).  I've held the two frames up side by side and they seem to have identical dimensions front to back and side to side, so I'm guessing maybe it's a vertical distance issue causing the issue with the trigger mechanism in the slide engaging the striker block and striker in the slide?

Does anyone have any ideas?  Has anyone else that's done this swap had any issues?
View Quote

The shield plus/2.0 FCG is different from a 1.0
You can buy a complete unit from eBay for about $35.

The shield 1.0 slide is also slightly dimensionally different than a 2.0 and uses a different extractor.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Does anybody know if a Shield Plus slide will fit onto a 1.0 frame?
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got this figured out.  Apparently the dimensions between the slide and frame were off just enough that it was a timing issue.  I opened the trigger bar loop by .008 and now everything runs smoothly.

Just in case someone else has this issue, I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Just a heads up these frames are back in stock, the price has gone up since the OP.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=946142&PageSize=24&Sort=13&View=1&Ch-manufacturerName=Smith%20%26%20Wesson%20%2F%20S%26W&Ch-model=M%26P%20Shield%20Plus

Ok, I'm idiot and can't link for some reason.

Use the link in the OP to go to GB and view Seller's other items
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just a heads up these frames are back in stock, the price has gone up since the OP.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=946142&PageSize=24&Sort=13&View=1&Ch-manufacturerName=Smith%20%26%20Wesson%20%2F%20S%26W&Ch-model=M%26P%20Shield%20Plus

Ok, I'm idiot and can't link for some reason.

Use the link in the OP to go to GB and view Seller's other items
View Quote

Even if the price has gone up a little bit (think I paid $65 for my frame), I highly recommend everyone do this.  Once I got the timing set correctly, the pistol has functioned flawlessly and it's awesome having 13 or 15 rounds ready to go.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, there I go. I ordered one of the frames Linked to on GB.
Also ordered a M&P Shield Performance Center OR 4" slide from CDNN (59.99, 2 left). And I'll add a 4" extended threaded barrel as well. I have a Shield with all of the Apex upgrades, so this is pretty exciting. And dammit I now have enough parts to build a base Shield 1.0 again...
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Am I missing something or are they out of them?

If anyone changes their mind and doesn’t want it, let me know(wanting a frame)
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#36]
@kirbykid25

Freestone Armory on GB has 2 stripped Shield Plus frames at this time 3/26/2023 2200PDT.

Frame/Mag $99 SOLD
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/977951656

Frame only $69 bought by RockRat64
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/977844460

Shield Plus Triggers on eBay

Link Posted: 3/27/2023 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Didn’t see this post, but happened to check today and snagged the “stripped frame only”. Pretty excited to upgrade the 2.0
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Highly recommend that seller.
Ordered 1:17
Tracking info:1:45
USPS picked up 2:30
FFL got it at 11:30 today

Transferred all the internals over in a few minutes
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 9:51:36 PM EDT
[#39]
More available now
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Finally went ahead and bought a Plus frame from Freestone Armory. Currently waiting for it to arrive at my FFL. Will swap the Apex trigger all the frame parts over from my Gen 1 Shield. Hopefully, I won't have to do too much gunsmithing for it to run reliably. I really like the slightly wider frame of the Plus compared to the 1.0 & 2.0.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Finally went ahead and bought a Plus frame from Freestone Armory. Currently waiting for it to arrive at my FFL. Will swap the Apex trigger all the frame parts over from my Gen 1 Shield. Hopefully, I won't have to do too much gunsmithing for it to run reliably. I really like the slightly wider frame of the Plus compared to the 1.0 & 2.0.
View Quote

You shouldn't have to do any gunsmithing, just swap and run it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Great to hear! Picking it up today from my FFL. Hope to buy 4 additional magazines locally for it as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:11:22 PM EDT
[#43]
I'll throw in for Freestone here too. At least a dozen perfect transactions. Super knowledgeable and eager to answer questions too. I can't even begin to list all the M&P parts I have around here I got from him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top