Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 7:21:46 PM EDT
I called S&W told them I had a Model 57 with a few problems that need to be taken care of.  The rep told me that the revolver shop was closed for a couple of weeks and that he would go ahead and send me the postage to send the pistol in with.  The thing that got me was I never even told them what was wrong, they automatically are sending me the shipping label after hearing I had a problem.  Now that is very good service. So here is what is wrong with the pistol:

Rear sight won't adjust for elevation
Out of Tune, skips a cylinder everyone in a while
Hammer has extremely easy push off
Trigger in single action can be hit with my finger rubbing across it and it goes off no backward pressure what so ever.

Good compnay with good service!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 3 S&W so far and they have great customer service.

Hope it gets fixed quick which they are good about.  Enjoy shooting it when it comes back.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, I'll bite. What's a Model 57?????????????????
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
41 rem mag

i think it is called 657 now????

WON"T BE  THE FIRST TIME I WAS WRONG
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah i had a problem with my 1911, where it kept hanging up ... i gave them a call, she asked me what the problem was, and i explained it to her, so she told me that they'd be sending me the postage label that day.  They replaced the barrel and the recoil spring, and I had it back about a week and a half later...shoots great now.  Out of five handguns that I own, four are SW and I've really never been dissapointed.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:57:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I sent them an early #66 4" for service they quoted me a price $260 . I told them to go ahead . Two weeks later I get a notice in the mail to call , so I did . I was told that the quote had been in error that my guns frame was "out of spec" and could not be repiared !

They told me they'd build me ANYTHING they make for $260 ! .

So For a couple days I thought and pondered and dwelled on things most marvelous , dreams of what about ....but then agian ....anything , It was dizzying .

So I told them #66 Round butt 6" tube wide hammer / trigger , and polished to a bright mirror finish . Well it took about a month and several phone calls and letters (this was way back in the snail mail days , which is good cause I kept all the PW) .

A man named Steve Benoint biult me a custom gun . I told him how I wanted it timed ! He said NO PROBLEM and would I like a white outline sight ? Talk about a sweet trigger . When I got the gun it came with spare grips (Round Butt) , patches , pins decals patches lapel pin . AND a Test Target .  And a letter detailing the whole transaction . It is My Baby .  It is a "little bright" in the woods , Oh well .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top