Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 7:08:08 PM EDT
A friend from work wants to sell his 4006, he offered it to me for $350.00. Is this a good price? I have not seen the pistol, but he said he has only fired approximately 50 rounds through it. Knowing him, I know he is true to his word, and he also says the pistol looks as new. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. By the way, I am a N frame fan. Love those revolvers!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
4006 isn't a 9 mm.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#3]
$350 is fair but not great.   Lots of Smith police trade ins on the market right now.  I could have picked one up at the last gunshow for $275.

Decent guns, standard issue for California and Iowa Highway Patrol and probably several others.  A tad heavy.  I've run smith nines for years without any problems.  Keep them clean and lightly oiled, use good ammo and mags,and they will run as well as anything else out there.  Haven't run the 40's because I just don't like the caliber.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:45:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for everyones reply. As for what model it is I was just going by what he told me. I know the S&W revolvers and 1911's, I do not know all the designations for their other handguns. He probably bought the gun, fired some and then just put it away, and forgot about it. I'll talk to him some more about it, again, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top