Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2018 5:49:55 PM EDT
I currently have a TLR-3 on my full-size M&P and need something for the Compact.

I already have a TLR-1, an older Streamlight Light/Laser combo for a beater back-up bedside .45, and some other LED lights lying around.

Looking at:

Inforce APL Gen 3

Streamlight TLR-8

Leaning on TLR-8 right now because of Streamlight circuitry, heat-sinking, activation, no need to lock-out.

Big question I have, and I think I've answered is does the TLR-8 fit on an older generation M&P Compact?

It's listed for the full-size, not compact, but I saw one in the pics thread.

I shoot a minimum of 200rds per range session, usually 300/day and sometimes 800, depending on the course.

The TLR-3 has held up so far on the full-size M&P .40 shooting mostly 180gr Federal AE.

I'll be getting the TLR-6 for my wife's Shield.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Inforce APLc
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't speak to it fitting on an M&P, but I have been very pleased with the APLc on my Glock 19.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps only slightly related but I have a TLR-7 on my M&P 2.0c and think it is perfect.  The light comes with 6 keys, 4 of them being specific 1913 rail keys that allow for slightly different install lengths.  I can actually tune the location of my TLR-7 using 3 of the keys and 2 of the rail slots to be anywhere from 1/8" forward of the trigger guard to 0.002" off from the trigger guard.  I used the key that gets the TLR-7 very close to my trigger guard and makes activation very natural.  I really like the push buttons on this light that so many seem hesitant of.

Bottom line: if the TLR-7/8 fits lengthwise on your rail I'm quite sure you will have no problem fitting it on any rail with the keys provided.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#4]
M&P2.0 Compact + TLR7 I got over the weekend. Works well for me and no issues with activating the light.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#5]

2.0 compact but I'm happy with the Surefire XC1-B
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#6]
The compact 1.0 has a shorter rail than the compact 2.0.

Does anyone know what light fits the 1.0 and has good holster availability? I have a surefire x200 that won't fit it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven't been able to find a light n' laser to fit the M&Pc, so I finally resigned it to a nice green Laserguard for CCW use and will get a fullsize or 2.0 for lights-off work around the house.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't been able to find a light n' laser to fit the M&Pc, so I finally resigned it to a nice green Laserguard for CCW use and will get a fullsize or 2.0 for lights-off work around the house.
View Quote
Could take a look at the TLR-6, they make a model for the M&P Compact Gen 1.  Push button for constant or momentary and has a light and laser.

My Gen 1 M&Pc has spent most its time in the safe as I never really cared to carry it but I’ve been thinking about getting the TLR-6 and finding a purpose for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top