Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2013 12:26:12 PM EDT
I have the opportunity to purchase a M&P or M&P PRO at a deeply discounted price. I wanted to mount an RMR on the gun but I don't know what to do. It'd be cheaper for me to buy the PRO and mill the slide than it would to sell it and buy a PRO.

Thoughts on course of action? Should I even bother with the PRO or just get the M&P?
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have the opportunity to purchase a M&P or M&P PRO at a deeply discounted price. I wanted to mount an RMR on the gun but I don't know what to do. It'd be cheaper for me to buy the PRO and mill the slide than it would to sell it and buy a PRO.

Thoughts on course of action? Should I even bother with the PRO or just get the M&P?
View Quote

OTH?

I would get the standard M&P9 FS and mill it for the RMR. In my opinion, you get the 5" Pro for use with iron sights in competitions, get the 4.25" for all around use and with the RMR you will be just as accurate, but the bullet wont go as 'fast'. More holster options too.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

OTH?

I would get the standard M&P9 FS and mill it for the RMR. In my opinion, you get the 5" Pro for use with iron sights in competitions, get the 4.25" for all around use and with the RMR you will be just as accurate, but the bullet wont go as 'fast'. More holster options too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OTH?

Yeap. OTH.

You think just regular M&P? I'm going to replace the sights on either gun. Wasn't sure if the extra inch was worth it or not.

That being said I do carry a P30L some days...
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeap. OTH.

You think just regular M&P? I'm going to replace the sights on either gun. Wasn't sure if the extra inch was worth it or not.

View Quote

Yeah that is what I did, got a 4.25" with TB for all around use. Have an X300 Ultra on it with a Raven Phantom LC holster.

I have a 5" Pro for IDPA use. Thought about the 5" with RMR, didn't mesh for me though.

I carry all of those including my Shield, depends on my mood and how 'bad ass' I want to feel.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah that is what I did, got a 4.25" with TB for all around use. Have an X300 Ultra on it with a Raven Phantom LC holster.

I have a 5" Pro for IDPA use. Thought about the 5" with RMR, didn't mesh for me though.

I carry all of those including my Shield, depends on my mood and how 'bad ass' I want to feel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeap. OTH.

Quite honestly I'm probably going to switch from carrying a P30 or P30L to a Glock 20....

Going to shoot a gun with a RMR or Deltapoint mounted to see if I even like it...

I have a shield but never carry it. Bought that for the occasional gym shorts errand run, need to come up with a way other than belly band to carry that...
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the CORE - has high sights and comes machined to accept the RMR. Choose 4.25" or 5" as you prefer.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#6]
get both :)
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Get the CORE - has high sights and comes machined to accept the RMR. Choose 4.25" or 5" as you prefer.
View Quote

COREs are not an option for him.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:15:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nor is getting both.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:10:18 AM EDT
[#9]
If the CORE isn't an option, you're going to end up sending a lot more money.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:42:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not really. He will still be under the price of a CORE with machining work included.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:43:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not really. He will still be under the price of a CORE with machining work included.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already did the math. I'll be under the CORE significantly enough. Just a question of the PRO or the M&P.

I'll wrestle with the idea for a bit longer but I'm going to lean towards the M&P not the PRO.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:23:33 AM EDT
[#12]
How much is it costing to get the slide machined for the RMR?

I must have gotten a sweet deal on my CORE.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How much is it costing to get the slide machined for the RMR?

I must have gotten a sweet deal on my CORE.
View Quote

Average cost is about $250-300.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't quite understand what is being asked?

Are you wondering between 4.25 inch and 5 inch? Do the pro's only come in 5 inch now?

If you plan on milling I would get the Pro (5 Inch?)  A RMR on top is already going to take away from deep concealment options, and the 5 inch will be better for toying at the range (which is the point of RMR, right?)

I just ditched my M&P Core with JPoint, it was nice, but I couldn't justify carrying it, and I don't do any competition style shooting.  Seemed like a waste to have that much money tied up in something that sat in the safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top