Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2003 8:59:42 AM EDT
The trigger pull in my brand new Vertec is horrendous!

I have no complaints in Single action, but in double action...let's just say I have to fix it eventually.

I thought I read once that Beretta knows this is a common complaint (heavy DA pull in Vertecs), and will decrease the amount of pull for a relatively good price.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You can greatly reduce the pull by replacing the hammer spring with a lighter version.  I prefer the spring used in the 'D' model 92s which is much lighter but is still a factory part so it should have nop problems with reliability but there are aftermarket springs from Wolfe that are lighter.

I sent both of my 92 pistols to www.langdontactical.com for trigger jobs that included installing the D model spring, polishing the trigger parts and installing a trigger doesn't allow over travel.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Hop. for the info.  I'll look into it.

The DA pull on the vertec is seems worse than other Berettas I've tried in the past.  I thought I would get used to it.  Silly me.

Still, I think it's a good gun--just needs to be better.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Crochunter,
You're not alone.  The trigger pull on my 96 Vertect is absolutely awful in DA.  I've put about 150 rounds through it and if it hasn't smoothed up by 500 rounds, I plan on switching to the "D" spring.

My 92 was much better out of the box in DA. I hope the spring does the job on the Vertec as I wanted to make it my carry piece.  I also am dry firing the bejabbers out of it in DA to help with the break-in.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:21:01 AM EDT
[#4]
The trigger and springs in the vertec are the same as in all 92/96 series pistols.The pin locations and poundages are the same also.There was a "slim"trigger in the earlier vertec which was merely a profile change.Put a weight to your trigger and see that it is the same as your other 92/96 pistols. The difference is strictly ergonomics. The grip is shorter(trigger to backstrap) which is better suited to smaller fingers rather than smaller hands(as the width changed little).Your fingers are running out of thier best working range. Short fingers complain of too heavy double action and long fingers complain of "stacking" on single action.All of these complaints are shooter hand/finger size related and can be had on the same gun shot by the above 2 individuals even though a third person thinks the trigger is beautiful and all measurements are well within specs.As for using a lighter mainspring other than factory minimun,(factory d is ok) I would advise against it as you could have hammer rebound which will beat a groove in the web of the frame and decrease your pistols service life. The vertec either fits your hand or it dosent.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:48:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Dang, I learn something every day from this site.  Thanks for the info.  I am up to 325 rounds in the Vertec and either it's getting better or I am adapting.

Now if I could just quit shooting low in DA...  But then I went through the same learning curve with my 92.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info jedi.  I haven't taken mine to the range that much yet (it's too damn cold here).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top