Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 12:09:03 AM EDT
just got some they seem a little loose inside the grip once loaded in. Anyone have any problems with them??

oh yeah anyone know where to get some factory hicap preban ones, used or new, cheap?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:33:01 AM EDT
[#1]
You should find both new and used Beretta pre-ban high-caps all over the various "for sale"  ads in almost every gun board out there...lots of 'em around. Usually around $30-35 used and $40-45 new. Try the EE here first.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#3]
hmmmmm ok thanks. cause I wanna g et some factory mags. I need 5 of em. I wonder if there's anyone out there that'll sell me five for 120.

thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Try the Beretta Forum next after ypou try the EE here.

As far as the Asian contract mags go, I have four of them and also have not noticed them being loose. So far as I can tell they are pretty good mags usually at a pretty good price. I think I got mine for about $15 a piece.

Link Posted: 9/20/2003 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
YANKEEFAN;

Nice dog! I've got three of 'em. Check the sig line...
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
YANKEEFAN;

Nice dog! I've got three of 'em. Check the sig line...

Thanks ikor!! I really love the breed. Very intelligent dogs. In fact I am thinking about getting one of my neighbor's puppies when his dog has them. I like the sig line but mine is so friendly that she would lick anyone to death before she would bite them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up 4 of these a year ago. No problems since. However, I did clean up some of the "flash" on the metal followers to smooth them out before using them.

No ratals.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I got two of them a while ago. Never had a failure to feed with either, though one of them doesn't lock the slide back every time. I never noticed any looseness, though sometimes the rounds rattle a bit inside.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#9]
yeah I have problems with the slide not locking back and the front end of the mag near the lips catching on part of the mag release preventing it from being loaded in correctly. This happens like one out of every 7 times i try to put it in the gun. I just take it out and push it in and it usually goes. There's a mark in front of the mag where the paint has been worn off because of it hitting a part of the mag release.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:39:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got 4 Asian miltary contract magazines and I have found them to be pretty reliable.

I have noticed that rattle on some of the mags and I'm trying to figure out what is causing it.  It sounds like a loose round or something in there.  Sometimes if you unload/reload the mag it disappears, sometimes it doesn't.

As I don't want to trust my life with them, I use them exclusively for IDPA competition but, to tell you the truth, I have not had a failure with one.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I was lucky to pick up a load of the USA 15's for $11-12 back in 96.  Midway had new Taiwanese govt contract Beretta 92 mags on sale thru 11/30 for around $20...I forget the exact price.  Don't know about quality though.  

TM
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#12]
USA mags and Western Brand mags have very bad reputations for having flimsy bodies and bending easily.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I have used these asian contract mags during my annual pistol qual.  They are not bad.  In fact I like them slightly more than the checkmate postban mags that we currently use.  The only thing I have noticed is that some of them do not lock the slide back after firing.  Overall they are good to go.  I might change the mag springs for some wolf ones down the line.  Especially if we end up back in Iraq again.

Max
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top