Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 10:25:20 AM EDT
Does anyone here own a Beretta Cougar 8045 single stack .45 ACP? If so, what are your opinions on it in terms of controllability, feel, value,reliability, etc.?  Is it a good carry piece? A friend of mine is considering a purchase and wants some owner views. Thanks .  -Chris Cheng
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one that is a daily carry pistol..I love mine.

Great accuracy, great control and reliablity.

I think it's a over-looked .45. I have never had a faliure that was the guns fault. Only one and that was ammo related. The grip is a bit big for small hands, but not that much.

It is a heavy gun when loaded, but that does not bother me. It has low recoil because of the rotating barrel. There are alot of great carry holsters out there for it, I really like the Don Hume leather I got.

One thing I really like is the mags. They are extra-heavy duty, thick walled and solid.

I really like mine alot and have forsaken other pistols, a P228, P225, P99 for it....

Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I've shot them but I don't like their balance. They seem to be too bulky/blocky to wear the name "Berretta".

I'd use a different .45 if it were me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for all the input, I will relay the info along.He plans to rent one at a range sometime in the near future, which will probably sway the balance.
Chris Cheng
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I have to disagree with Bob, (sorry Bob-). I have owned at least 7 different Berettas, all 92F's of different configs, and it is no bulkier or blockier than a 92F...with for me is not a problem.

I'm a big guy and I like fullsize or near fullsize carry guns...hell I use to carry a 92F concealed....

If he can rent one, then he needs to...he will like it...
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#5]
controllability.....A
feel.....A
value.....B
reliability.....A
Is it a good carry piece? It depends on the individual. It is a full size pistol (though Beretta calls it a medium frame). I'm  about 200 lbs and have no problems. But a smaller person might have trouble with concealment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top