Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 9:45:56 PM EDT
I have a berretta 96 fs i was wondering can I swap the barrel out if i bought one for an 92 fs? I really like my weapon but the 9mm is cheaper to shot, i also plan on getting the .22 conversion.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:15:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Using factory parts, the .40 slide has a breechface that is too large and an extractor that is too short to work with 9mm.  There are aftermarket 9mm barrels that claim to work with a .40 slide.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
You will need to purchase a slide/barrel/recoil spring/magazine for the 92FS.  Barrel only conversions may work ok for range use but usually are not 100% reliable.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Is there anyplace to buy a 92FS Slide / Barrel / Recoil Spring besides Beretta USA and their extremely high prices?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#4]
You may want to try CDNN. I think they sell a conversion kit. You might also check www.gunbroker.com

You might be able to find the part there.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#5]
i have tried using 9mm barrel in 40 slide because i have both (96 and 92). it works well for me however that is for range use only. the only thing i noticed is that the ejection of the brass is not as strong, and yes i swapped both the barrel and the recoil spring.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
you might find them at gun shows or mg shoots you dont need a spring and gide rod you can use the one that came with the gun   i have a 96 with a m9 slide and barrel  and a 22 kit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top