Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 6:02:48 PM EDT
OK, Fellow shooters, I need some advise.  I had a ruger pc9.  Loved it. It worked with all types of mags and ammo.  I wanted a pistol to go with it, AND I HATE RUGERS SEMIs.  Then I got the 9mm AR bug. Had a colt upper, but could not find a good block.    I had the OLYMPIC arms upper, BUUUT the bolt does not stay back on the last round.  I HATE THAT.  I tried the mags with the block, and the insert for the sten mags.  did not like either.  I sold the ruger PC9 and the P89.  Then I bought a Kel-tec carbine(GLOCK mags).  It is OK, but the bolt does not stay back.  I love the glock pistols.  I know OLY sells the 9MM AR that takes the Glock MAGS.  I think it is a waste to spend about a grand on a pistol calibre carbine.  I 'd rather get a rifle.  SOOOO, how is the Barreta storm in 9mm?  I would also get an M9 to go with it. For about a grand, I can get two guns instead of an OLY.  BUT I would have to go out and order mags.  

What is the opinion out there on the Barreta STORM?  If the feed back is good, I will buy one.  If not, I will buy another Ruger PC9. and  the Ruger P93(DAO) to go with it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard nothing but good about them.  I'm looking at getting the CX4/PX4 combo, as the PX4 mags hold 17rds, and 20rd baseplates for the mags are available as well.  Go handle a PX4, its ergonomically fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they're great (all hearsay) Personally I think it looks like a toy.

My next gun will be the Kel Tec.  I really like the company and want to support them.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:58:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Having one for a while now I can only say it's a great gun. It's very accurate and I don't have much trouble making one ragged hole in any target at 50 yards. I haven't used it out past a 100, but it is a 9mm carbine and not really meant for that. My M1A or PTR91 are much better choices for that.  I bought a M9 to go with it and having loved them since I was young and truely loving them more as an adult being a great pistol, I decide to sell my P226r and buy a 92FS also with no regrets.
Yes, to some it may look like a toy, but it's far from it. The design is very smart with a near complete polymer upper and lower that slide and lock together by a large polymer pin and the bolt and barrel are both high quality forged steel. Beretta's chrome lining is some of the best around and they make a great hammer forged barrel for the Storm that should be as accurate as it is for a long time. I think you should check it out. Once you fire it, you'll know what I mean. I thought it was strange at first really, but after having it and putting round after round down range, I wouldn't get rid of for all the ass in Amsterdam.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:57:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I own a Beretta CX4 Storm in 45ACP. GREAT little carbine, yeah it looks like a toy and thats what initially kept me from getting one until I tried it.

It may be a minor thing for you but the Beretta Storm Carbines all have chrome lined bores, I can only think of only one other manufacturer that currently puts out chrome lined bores with their carbines - COLT.

I'm currently considering getting ANOTHER Storm, in 9mm because I like them that much.

Kel Tec also chromes their bores on their carbines IIRC
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks fior the info.  I went to the gun shop today, and they had a storm 9mm for $700.  Still thinking about it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#7]
You might email or call Cals Sporting Armory about the deal they have on the CX4 92version with two 15's for 550.00. Their out of stock as far as the website maintains but they may still do the deal with you now for that price and ship when they get inventory if your interested.

CX4 deal
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a Storm in 9mm soon after they came out. It is by far one of my favorites. We have put lots of rounds thru it....0 malfunctions. The rifle is accurate! Everone should own at least one.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#9]
My dealer said the prices went up.   I just may go pick it up on Monday if it is not sold.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#11]
The only reason I have not bought a storm to go with my Berettas is the fact I already have a KelTec Sub 2000 in the GLOCK flavor.  I would buy a Storm if the money was available.  Better yet Beretta introduced the new Rx4 in .223 at SHOT.  Both the conventional style and evil black rifle style appeal to me as well.  Time for a little company loyalty.  :)
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:12:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Origanally posted by FotoTomas
The only reason I have not bought a storm to go with my Berettas is the fact I already have a KelTec Sub 2000 in the GLOCK flavor. I would buy a Storm if the money was available. Better yet Beretta introduced the new Rx4 in .223 at SHOT. Both the conventional style and evil black rifle style appeal to me as well. Time for a little company loyalty. :)

Do you have a site with a Picture of the RX4?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#13]
my cx4storm is with out a doubt my favorite 9mm carbine and has been flawless. i currently own a few  9mm type carbines, inculding the kel-tec sub 2000. the subbie is a good little rifle for the money, ( no insult to anyone ) but there is NO way you can compare the storm to the sub2000, NO way at all.  the storm is made very well, super accurate, light-weight, has 64 zillion rails for lights, scopes and all your assorted "bubba" gear. run out today and buy it, dont worry how much it costs because you will out spend that on ammo in the first 2 months!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top