Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 2:05:10 PM EDT
Is the PX4 available in .45 yet?  Every rumor ever heard said that Beretta was GOING to do it, but have they DONE it yet?

Was it at SHOT? Has anyone seen one? Has there even been anything OFFICIAL from Beretta saying they were making a PX4 in 45?  

If so, I'd love to get my greasy mitts on one!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard from somone on berettaforum.net, that it wont be another year until the .45 version comes out. Supposedly it is only reserved for LEO use for now. At least, thats what I heard.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Supposedly it is only reserved for LEO use for now.

I am glad I got my XD .45ACP and they did not hold out on the regular guy. Beretta can keep there pistols as far as I am concerned if they keep doing that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:54:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd be willing to bet that Beretta is plugged this project into the Army's JCP program.  So they're probably waiting to see what changes need to be made first, before going public with the pistol.

S&W is timing release of the .45 M&P suspisciously similar, as is Sig with the P250 (that you don't hear about, but will be in .45 later and has all the JCP features) and probably several other makers that are serious in this.

I think everyone that has a real chance (which isn't Springfield's XD) at the GI .45 contract will be playing it close for a while to come.  Everyone that is a contender is timing it all out to be about the same.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I would be suprised if they got a military contract with the .45. They may though. Still glad I got my XD. My .45 couger was very nice but it was only an 8rd double stack. Hopefully if Beretta makes a .45 and lets us unworthy civilians buy it it will be at least a 10rdr.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#5]
With the beefy slide on the 9mm and .40 PX4, i cant see much upsizing needed to fit a .45ACP in there
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I would love to see another HiCap .45 on the market.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope they put the flared trigger guard on future models of the PX4, including the .45.  I really notice it missing when I shoot my buddy's PX4 9mm
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
According to Beretta we won't see the .45 Px4 til the first quarter of next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top