Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 8:34:20 PM EDT
So get this.  I know we are a small department (Ky Dept. of Military Affairs)but this is a little ridiculous.  We just hired 6 new guys and have to send them to school.  By hiring them our numbers skyrocketed to 11!  Turns out we don't have enough weapons (92F's) to send them to school at the same time, so we have to give up our issue 92's for the schoolbound and use and use our Personal weaopns till they get back! They only need them for 3 days of range time.
Granted I already have a 96G Elite and all the mags and ammo I need, but this is just weird!  So now none of the guys I work with will be using the same type (not even caliber).  My 96G, one guys 9mm XD, and the SGT's 1911 or .380(he can't decide[DUH!]).  Don't know what the other 2 will be using.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:33:43 PM EDT
[#1]
No qualifying with a different weapon??

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#2]
If your refering to the ones at school, they are qualifying with the make and model of pistol we use just different serial numbers.
If you mean us that have to give up out guns, our Captain trusts us with our profeciancy to carry them.

Either way is a bit hinky with me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:52:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:23:53 AM EDT
[#4]

I'm not worried about the uniformity of weapons, but rather the fact that  we don't even have enough to arm everyone at the same time.  The whole reason we use 92's in the first place is because most of us are Ex-Military, and if we have to, we can use the Army's stuff (parts, mags, ammo).
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Carrying the same weapons for any LE isn't a really good argument....

Trusting you guys is one thing, does the dept., investigating agency or DA's office not care you will carry a weapon you aren't qualified with??

Just make a lil' note of this if something ever happens to you.....at least your family will have an excellent argument for a poor policy and training concerning firearms when lawsuit time comes.

Not slamming your agency, just a lil' outside view.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh believe me, I know how screwed up or agency is when it comes to policies (or no policies),They just hired a guy who has NO related experiance at all.  No LE, no military, not even security work. nothing!  Considering it is a state job and you have to meat the minimum requirements to even apply, <SCREAMS TO THE GODS> "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!"
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:51:27 AM EDT
[#7]
What does you agency actual do as far as Law Enforcment activites. I have never heard of the agency you mentioned, just curious....................
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#8]
We patrol, and are in charge of, Physical Security for the Boone National Guard Center (KY's HQ) In Frankfort as well as the Capital City Airport and various other  State owned property.  Like I said, "VERY SMALL".
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Lol, small but important
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top