Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 5:22:18 PM EDT
I think something may be wrong with the trigger on my 92FS Vertec. When the hammer is cocked back, there is about a half inch of loose pull in the trigger before there is any pressure on it and it fires. This makes it difficult to fire sometimes. I was under the impression that when the hammer is back the trigger shouldnt require much pull at all. I dont have easy access to another 92 at the moment so I dont know if this is normal or not, but I really dont like it. I dunno if this is a good description of the situation or not, but any input is appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:42:17 AM EDT
[#1]
My 92 trigger does the same thing. A good gunsmith should be able to take out some of the slack.

This is the main reason I prefer single-action autos.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The "loose pull" you describe is normally called "trigger take-up". This is normal in all traditional DA handguns. I have no problems with this system, personally.

One way to get used to this is to dry it over & over & over. If you cannot seem to get used to it, you may have to either buy the Beretta Target model which is single action only or move to another type gun.

My .o2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top