Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:17:15 PM EDT
Is a 92 too big to conceal?  what do you find to be the most comfortable holster?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:50:25 AM EDT
[#1]
It sucks if you don't use the right holster(s).  I prefer a Galco IWB like the one at this link...

www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp?ProductID=885&GunID=3

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
If you wear spandex shorts and football jerseys it would be fairly difficult if you wear normal cloths it would not be that hard at all. I carry my couger or G-19 but I would carry my 92 before I went with a micro pistol. Get a good IWB holster and a vest or some loose shirts for the summer and the winter is easy.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#3]
About 70% of my carrying is done with my 92fs or my 92 Vertec (25% with my full-size 1911).  With the right holster, I have no problems with any of the above.  A good gun belt is just as important as a good holster but usually forgotten about.  Some of it will depend on your build and your normal dress.  I am not a small guy, and I normally wear jeans and untucked polo/golf shirts.  My favorite holsters are IWB-style from Kramer (IWB#2) and Milt Sparks (VM2).  With an IWB holster the hard part is hiding the gun's grip.  The 4 o'clock (or 8) position seems to work the best for me.  Depending on how much room your pants already have in the waist, you might need to go up an inch in size to carry a full-size pistol IWB.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, my CPL is will be arriving at my house in the next couple of weeks, so it looks like i'll have to start shopping around.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no problems concealing mine with a Comp-Tac CTAC holster.

I'm six foot one. And a whopping 160 lbs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry mine with a Blackhawk CQC holster.  It's an OWB holster, but with a good belt and a big shirt you can make it dissappear.  I'm 5'11, ~180# and I dont have much trouble with it, even on a hot Miami day.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I carry my Vertec with a cheap (like $10) uncle mike's IWB holster. Works fine, but I do plan on getting a better holster, for one thing the one I have goes flat when the gun isn't in it which makes reholstering a pain
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I carry my Beretta 92FS concealed with a Fobus paddle holster. Not the crappy roto-holster, but the model with full belt loops. Depending on clothing, its very concealable, especially when worn in the small of the back. I use both the Fobus paddle holster and the Fobus dual 9mm carrier....which is essentially the same as the holster, except for it carries 2 15 round magazines. If you are interested in the Fobus, make sure it has the full belt loops, not just a clip. The Fobus holster grips the weapon very tightly and if not fully secured to the belt, you will end up drawing the holster and the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top