Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 9:33:55 PM EDT
I'm a glock owner (G19c & G26) now I want to try out and purchase a new handgun (thinking about beretta 92F  or M9) could you gentlemen give me some info about it. I would really appreciate your help.

by the way i'm a big fan of 9mm.

Reliable?
Acuracy?
Most problem?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:07:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Well it is smoother than the Glock and more accurate than the Glock the single action trigger is great in my opinion but the Double action is heavy in my opinion. It has a manual saftey that the Glock does not have and like the Glock parts for it are all over the place. I love my 92 and my Glock 19. My G19 is my CC pistol. They feel nothing a like to me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:05:12 AM EDT
[#2]
The 92 variants are a well proven design
with most reliability issues being mag related .
Accuracy on the two I've owned was/is excellent
because it's an easy to shoot handgun that points well .

I prefer the original grip angle over the vertec , but that's
because I have large hands , but try both to see which fits
you best .

As for problems ....

Never had any with either of the 92's or a 96 I also own .
Another benefit of the 92/96 platform is that you can
pick up a CX4 Storm that uses the same mags and ammo .

The option of having a light , short accurate carbine and
a crapload of 15 or 20 rd mags that fit both could come in
real handy

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:23:55 AM EDT
[#3]
thank you both..

I probably buy an M9 (with U.S Navy Logo on the slide)  just for collection.  

thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I badmouthed the 92 design for years until I bought one used & fell in love with the damn thing! Incrediable accuracy, perfect balance, wonderful ergonomics all made towards a great gun. Never the first jam with my 92FS.

The only real down side is I've heard to replace the trigger return spring set-up as they're prone to break at the worst opportune time. I think I paid about $7 for my replacement kit. One probably should know what they're doing to replace it, IMO. I had a gunsmith do mine in about 5 minutes.

My .o2
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Might want to do like me and get a 92FS Compact. To me its the best of both worlds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top