Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2020 4:32:29 PM EDT
I just the installed the safety conversion in my Beretta 92F.  Now I can drop the hammer and it always returns to double action mode.  I'll now never be caught with a deactivated trigger.

You should too.

This is the first semi-automatic handgun I ever purchased, and I bought it new.  It's a '91 model; based on Beretta's website serial number lookup.

Just seeing the bag of parts was intimidating but Mr. Gunslinger talked me through it.

G Conversion Install

I have to compliment Beretta in that my kit had extra springs and detents so when I launched a spring across the room I had an extra.  Also, the original parts can be reinstalled at a later date of you wanted to go back to stock.

A few years ago I installed the D hammer spring.  What other kind of enhancements might I consider?  This isn't a conceal carry piece, but an occasional range toy.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Way to go. The G stands for gangsta... well actually Gendarmerie Nationale.

Great kit.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I did the same to mine and enjoy it more as a decocker only
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Now install an over size mag release, a LTT trigger bar and a Elite hammer
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Installed in my Brig.

with right side lever delete

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The oversize magazine release looks like something I could use.  I like the idea of the LTT trigger bar with the short reset, but for my use I don't see the bang for the buck there.  The Elite hammer looks nice but does it really enhance the function?

Because I am right handed I can understand the reasons for the right side lever delete.  The conversion RH lever juts out the side of the handgun more than it should.  I realize it must do so to clear.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Hammer is slightly lighter so faster lock up but really just 99% for looks
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a believer in the G conversion, extended mag release, LTT bar, and Wilson short reach trigger. I have these upgrades on both my 92s.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hammer is slightly lighter so faster lock up but really just 99% for looks
View Quote

And allows a lighter hammer spring to be used and still stay reliable. Thus, trigger pull weight can be improved.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#9]
@Outrider wins the thread with his photo of the dual suppressed Berettas.  

There's nothing more I can add, other than now I want the extended magazine release.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#10]
@outrider , what are those grips on your two guns pictured?
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@outrider , what are those grips on your two guns pictured?
View Quote

Top ones are Langdons. Bottoms are I believe VZ but don’t know if they make that particular style anymore. Lok grips is another one to check out for options.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:03:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought a kit last year but haven’t installed it yet because I didn’t know how I felt about the safety sticking out too far.  Do the safety levers on factory decocker only slides stick out too?
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
They do a pre-fit kit now, no fitting required: http://www.langdontactical.com/trigger-job-in-a-bag-92-96-m9-series/
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I just installed the "G" kit on my M9 (Commercial), 92FS, & Brigadier.

I have wanted this conversion for years. My understanding was that it required machining, so it was not worth the expense.

I was pretty surprised to discover the "G" conversion kits have been available for years. Not sure how missed that.

I ordered three kits from Midway USA. Having Googled and youtube searches, each kit was reported to come with extra springs and extra detents so when you launch something you had a spare.

Well... each kit contained:
2 safeties
2 right side levers
2 coil springs
2 small detent springs
2 large detent springs
3 small detents (the one least likely to launch during the process)
1 large detent (with built in retrorockets, odds are this one will evaporite when launched)

I did not think the kit was supposed to have but one safety and one right side lever!

SO... short of one large detent, the kit will convert two pistols. Being the same, large detent is used and fits both safety and "G" levers, an original safety detent can be used for the "G" kit.

Now since I needed 4 kits and ordered the three from Midway USA, I ordered the fourth kit from ebay.

So... I wonder if that kit will match the ones from MidwayUSA?

This is what Beretta describes as the included parts for the "G" conversion.

Attachment Attached File

ETA

Just received the forth "G" kit off of ebay and it contains only one set of parts.  I guess I won the lottery of "G" kits from Midway.

Funny thing.. as far as more than expected... I ordered a cook book for my wife, six books arrived yesterday.

It is not a power washer, but...
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Right now on www.berettausa.com BAR15 will get you 15% off even the sale items.  I'm buying the extended mag release and some rubber grips.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:42:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Aside from decock only, does the G conversation change any other characteristics of the pistol?

The standard safety doesn’t bother me, so im curious if there are any other advantages.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Aside from decock only, does the G conversation change any other characteristics of the pistol?

The standard safety doesn’t bother me, so im curious if there are any other advantages.
View Quote

The conversion makes the pistol more reliable due to the it removing the safety from being accidentally applied when loading, holstering or presenting.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the DAO hammer too. Wilson grips, oversized safety, d hammer sping, and the low pro decocker
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I like the DAO hammer too. Wilson grips, oversized safety, d hammer sping, and the low pro decocker
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/20200818_133100_jpg-1741804.JPG
View Quote

The bobbed hammer looks oh-so right on 92 Compacts.

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I totally agree!!!

Link Posted: 12/24/2020 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#21]
A maybe not so humble brag.    Here's the pair of them.   Both with the D spring replacement, de-cocking conversion and now the extended magazine release.  Next might be the upgrading of the sights as they both have the stock 3-dot sights.

Attachment Attached File

Merry Christmas to you all!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 2:22:04 AM EDT
[#22]

That’s sexy.  How’s it shoot?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Just received my kit from midway, it contained two of every single part that is supposed to be in the kit. Guess I need to buy another berretta so I don’t have parts and shit just sitting around.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#24]
OP is correct. This conversion is a must!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Just had a spring go flying, might be time to get the kit
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Did this on my 92A1 a couple months ago, after the kit sat in my cabinet for about a year.

It seemed daunting when I looked at the parts, but went very smoothly thanks to the Gunslinger as mentioned earlier.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn I hardly come in here. Missed out on the midway kits.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Did it to my 92fs when beretta had a sale. Definitely a needed upgrade.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#29]
So I decided to finally try the conversation today, but I didn’t have the right punch. Anyone know what size I will be needing?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#30]
WC 92G Compact Carry
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I thought about doing it myself till I saw how small those parts were.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I thought about doing it myself till I saw how small those parts were.
View Quote

It's honestly pretty quick and easy, just have one of the youtube videos in front of you and do it in a clean area and you should be good to go in a matter of minutes.  I can't remember the punch size, all my punches are jumbled together in one drawer and I just found one that fit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Correct punch size is 1.5. I got my midway kit and I can do 2 berettas. Thats pretty awesome. Just need to find time and take off my wilson combat lo pro safety.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Correct punch size is 1.5. I got my midway kit and I can do 2 berettas. Thats pretty awesome. Just need to find time and take off my wilson combat lo pro safety.
View Quote

Thanks, I ended up just getting a kit so now i have a bunch. Just got it installed wasn’t bad hardest part was pushing the detent to get the right side of the safety on.  I haven’t had a chance to fire it yet but i think I will like it and can’t believe I waited almost 2 years to install it
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#35]
The oversized mag release and the Match hammer are nice easy additions as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:37:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Thanks, I ended up just getting a kit so now i have a bunch. Just got it installed wasn’t bad hardest part was pushing the detent to get the right side of the safety on.  I haven’t had a chance to fire it yet but i think I will like it and can’t believe I waited almost 2 years to install it
View Quote

Lol I waited too cause at first when they came out, they were so hard to find.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

NOT a good idea.  

Many competition shooters will quickly tell you about all the mags they've seen fly out of a gun's grip because the oversized mag paddle got bumped. I've seen it myself.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

NOT a good idea.  

Many competition shooters will quickly tell you about all the mags they've seen fly out of a gun's grip because the oversized mag paddle got bumped. I've seen it myself.

My .o2
View Quote

On the Beretta it's larger (oversized) but doesn't really project out further into the holster which is the actual problem I've seen with extended and other aftermarket mag releases. https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/button-mag-rls-92-96-oversize-92/c86992p/  I have had an OEM Glock extended mag release disengage the mag catch on a G19; my solution was to bevel out the mag release area and reinstall the original mag release.  

You can kind of make out mine in this picture (only pic I've got handy and I'm too lazy to go open the safe and take another); it's a factory Beretta piece [photo from the gun charms thread, hence the monkey].
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#39]
I saw a single YouTube video where he accomplished the G mod on a 92S model. Would anyone else attempt it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I did the same to mine and enjoy it more as a decocker only
View Quote

THIS... "G" ALL the Way!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#41]
IMO, a G conversion is the only way to go.

I did mine after accidentally activating the safety during a match. I tap-rack-clicked and then someone shouted 'safety'.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top