Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2017 3:26:57 PM EDT
They did an amazing job.  Full action job.  Steel trigger, refinished, slim WC grips, D-spring, G Conversion.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, that looks gooood.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow! That looks nice! I love the grips. How do they feel compared to the factory grip?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't see many M9s ghost get the wilson treatment, seems to usually be one of the a1 variants.

Very nice looking.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]
What was your turnaround time?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Sexy!!!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks nice. Love the grips, are they Dirty Olive? That's what I have on my M9A3.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What was your turnaround time?
View Quote
only about a month
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks nice. Love the grips, are they Dirty Olive? That's what I have on my M9A3.
View Quote
dirty olive slim grips. 
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice gun. I bought an M9 to own an M9, I couldn't see sending it off to get that kind of treatment. Still though, it looks good.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Sooo bright... sooo beautiful... ahhh... pprrreEEEEccciousss....

What? Oh, sorry, just drooling over M9ness.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Bought the M9 for LEO price of 475 and the custom work was 550.  So it is a pretty good deal considering what Wilson charges for its own version of this gun.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:21:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Slot grip screws
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:46:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Slot grip screws
View Quote
There is a certain beauty in the utilitarianism of the slotted screws. It is a subtle throw back to its military roots. It works well on an old war horse like the M9.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Slot grip screws
View Quote
I ordered my hex head screws directly from Houge, they were a bit longer than oem but worked Ok. Wilson's Vertec G10 grips are actually a little thicker than the stock M9A3 grips, when I tried the Houge hex screws on them they went in far enough to interfere with the Mag.

Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I ordered my hex head screws directly from Houge, they were a bit longer than oem but worked Ok. Wilson's Vertec G10 grips are actually a little thicker than the stock M9A3 grips, when I tried the Houge hex screws on them they went in far enough to interfere with the Mag.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2610/32833029736_73f1b29394_c.jpg
View Quote
Try using the factory Beretta hex screws. I have never been happy with the Houge screws. The blued finish wears off really quickly and before long you are left with even uglier screws. Also did you use the rubber o-rings that VZ supply's with their grips? If the screws are still too long with the standard o rings you could always go to Ace hardware and buy some thicker o-rings.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Try using the factory Beretta hex screws. I have never been happy with the Houge screws. The blued finish wears off really quickly and before long you are left with even uglier screws. Also did you use the rubber o-rings that VZ supply's with their grips? If the screws are still too long with the standard o rings you could always go to Ace hardware and buy some thicker o-rings.
View Quote
They fit OK with the Wilson Combat grips, it was with the factory grips that they were too long. I used the O-rings that came with the grips. I ordered the Houge screws because some of the reviews on Beretta's site said Beretta's hex screws were too long for Vertec grips.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2610/32833029736_73f1b29394_c.jpg
Beretta hex screws are what I used to replace the stock ones on my M9 Commercial when a couple of them were getting worn. That was quite a while ago and they still look new, and the originals took 10 years to start wearing out. +1 to getting Beretta ones.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Curious as the SA trigger weight now with their action job. I just picked up a M9A3 the trigger if over 5lbs and has considerable creep.

What was the cost for just the action work?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Slot grip screws
View Quote
Funny, I hate hex head screws
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 5:38:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Curious as the SA trigger weight now with their action job. I just picked up a M9A3 the trigger if over 5lbs and has considerable creep.

What was the cost for just the action work?
View Quote
My Lyman trigger gage shows 4 lbs single and 8 lbs double.

The pricing for the custom work in on the Wilson site.

I had the complete action tune and steel trigger installation.

Wilson Beretta Custom Pricing
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 5:40:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Grip screws.  Seriously? 

LOL.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 5:59:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Wow!  That thing has me rethinking some priorities.  

Nice pistol OP.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My Lyman trigger gage shows 4 lbs single and 8 lbs double.

The pricing for the custom work in on the Wilson site.

I had the complete action tune and steel trigger installation.

Wilson Beretta Custom Pricing
View Quote
Thanks for the details. I'm surprised SA is still at 4 lbs. I've been able to achieve that will some minor sear and hammer tuning.I got my M9A3 down to a SA 4.5lbs and removed the creep last night. I'm debating on whether to send Wilson unmolested Beretta so see what they can achieve with the action tune.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Wilson does not go lighter on triggers because there is no need.  Probably hard to get lighter than that. Even on a 1911 they stay around 4 lbs.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 11:30:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Grip screws.  Seriously? 

LOL.
View Quote
Hey?  I was going to say "OH MY GOD THOSE GRIP SCREWS"....    What is this, project runway for guns?  

Although that being said, it is purdy.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks.

Now to layaway a new Sig P320.  Just because it is the new .mil handgun.  Not the M17, but the base pistol.
Not really wanting a 320 with the thumb safety.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I sent mine off for the IDPA SSP DIVISION package a month ago and it's coming back Thursday. I'll post pics when it gets here.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Slot grip screws
View Quote
Slotted grip screws are all I would use when I used pistols with grips.  

Hex screws like to break,strip, and you never have the right allen wrench when you need it.  A case rim will turn a slotted grip screw in a pinch.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I sent mine off for the IDPA SSP DIVISION package a month ago and it's coming back Thursday. I'll post pics when it gets here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Thanks.

Now to layaway a new Sig P320.  Just because it is the new .mil handgun.  Not the M17, but the base pistol.
Not really wanting a 320 with the thumb safety.
View Quote
Currently the safety model is pretty much a Massachusetts only model. It actually is pretty comfortable. The M17 will also have stainless internals and a few other pidly thibgs that are different. It's also going to be hundreds of dollars more.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wilson does not go lighter on triggers because there is no need.  Probably hard to get lighter than that. Even on a 1911 they stay around 4 lbs.
View Quote
I got my m9a1 compact down to 4.5/8lbs. After doing the same work on my 92fs it's not as nice. I might send it off. A Beretta with a crisp and smooth trigger that 4-4.5/8lbs is magical. Really perfect for an EDC gun
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
nice. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Shoot yours yet?

Got mine to the range today. It was a good gun before. Now it's amazing.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Been tempted to send mine in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top