Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2003 8:27:53 PM EDT
While browsing the SIG website, I seen that they make the P-226 in 357 SIG. I am seriously considering getting one, but before I do, I have some questions. The 357 SIG is a rather hot round, would the frame/slide withstand the constant pounding of full power loads. Also, are there any particular accessories or modifications recommended to enhance the accuracy or reliability of these fine weapons?
Thank You.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:44:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I prefer the 226 in 9mm. If you want to shoot 357SiG I'd recommend going to one of the newer frames, particularly the 2340 or the 229.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Like sig_230, I prefer the 226 in its' older, stamped slide version in 9mm. The balance of the new machined slide guns is just different. Even so, the Texas DPS has been using the 226 in .357 Sig for several years now and AFIK, they have had no problems.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I hated the SNAPPY recoil...couldn't double tap worth a shit...and in a glock the trigger slap was the end for me...I sold it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#4]
The regular 226 will handle the constant use just fine.  However, if you are concerned about it and the recoil issues, you can always go with the 226st.  All stainless, a little heavier and still balanced nice.  I have the 226st and love it in 357sig.  I had the 229 in that cal. and thought it was a bit much for that gun so I went to the 226st, no problems know.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#5]
my 5'1" 10lb wife shoots my 229 in .357SIG all the time, double taps are no problem for her, or me. so in the larger frame gun, it would be quite tame. if you decide yont like it, you can always wuss down to the 40 with just a barrel change
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a 226 chambered in .357 SIG.  Mine is the "two-tone", I bought it new before they offered the full stainless.  Although not as comfortable (it seems) in my hand as a Beretta '92 with Hogue grip, 8045 Cougar, HK USP compact, Glock 29, or Glock 19, for some odd reason it just clicked with me.  I just seem to not be able to miss what I'm aiming for.  No extra wear I've noticed and as you can imagine the spring is quite stout.  I certainly enjoy the extra pop at the range.

[Ferris Bueller ON] "Should you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up." [Ferris Bueller OFF]

GoGo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top