Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 5:27:03 PM EDT
I'm really considering this pistol, however, I'd like to hear some overall opinions on it first.  How reliable are they out of the box generally speaking, and do they feed JHP or other non-ball ammo?

Any other concerns I might need to be aware of?  This will be my first Sig.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:44:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Generally 100% reliable out if the box...should feed any factory ammo. Excellent gun. The .357Sig is an excellent caliber, but it is a little more expensive to shoot than some others. Get a .40 S&W caliber barrel when you can and you will have two calibers available in the same pistol.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, just wanted an opinion outside of Sigforums.com  They obviously all have pretty good things to say as well.

Btw, how much more is the ammo?  I'm used to only .45 ACP and .38 for my lever which shoots .357, but I never buy it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:12:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Premium JHP stuff is about the same price as similar loads in 45, but there is not the wide selection of less expensive stuff for practice. If you can buy in bulk, Ammoman has Federal American Eagle 125gr. fmj for $209 per 1000rd. delivered which works out to $10.45 per box of 50...again about the same as 45. There may be cheaper places to get it, but you won't find anyone better to deal with than them. www.ammoman.com  I greatly prefer the 125 JHP for serious loads in the caliber, and the Gold Dot to any others I have tried. JMO
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay, thanks.  I'm hopefully going to pick one up this week!

Take it easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top