Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 7:20:51 AM EDT
Like or Dislike
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a SigPro SP2009 2 weeks ago.  This is my first Sig.  I like it.  Fits my hands well.  Fairly light weight for a full size high-capacity 9mm.  It points well and is pretty accurate.  I like mine so much, that I am picking up a Sig 226 tomorrow and have a Sig 220 coming in late next week.  After carrying a Glock 22 10 years on the job, I'm glad I got a Sig.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Likey

It's a nice pistol but if you wanna carry IWB everyday, it's gonna get you.  It's somewhat thick.  My 2009 was relegated to my father for bedroom gun and recently traded for a G19...

I only carried it IWB 3 hours  That was long enough.

I also suck at DA/SA transition.  Another reason I didn't carry it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#3]
SP2022 is a kick ass gun.  It is NOT a good carry gun, as others have pointed out.  But for home defense, range, zombies, whatever, its a damn well made piece of machinery.  

My only hangup was the grip, though nice, it wasn't quite as ergonomic as the classic sigs.  And I can get almost any classic sig used for what the SP2022 costs new, so it will be a while before I get another one.  No denying that they are great guns though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:24:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I picked up a SigPro SP2009 2 weeks ago...

Hey Bikecop! i'm picking up a Pro2009 this week from a member here and i can hardly contain my excitement. If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for yours?

this is not only my first Sig, but my first gun ever.   oooooh excited  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:32:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I picked up a SigPro SP2009 2 weeks ago.  This is my first Sig.  I like it.  Fits my hands well.  Fairly light weight for a full size high-capacity 9mm.  It points well and is pretty accurate.  I like mine so much, that I am picking up a Sig 226 tomorrow and have a Sig 220 coming in late next week.  After carrying a Glock 22 10 years on the job, I'm glad I got a Sig.  

I have the P226, P220 and 2009 as well.  I will never separate with any of them
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I picked up a SigPro SP2009 2 weeks ago...

Hey Bikecop! i'm picking up a Pro2009 this week from a member here and i can hardly contain my excitement. If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for yours?

this is not only my first Sig, but my first gun ever.   oooooh excited  

With transfer fee, it came out to $419 NIB, w/2 10rd mags.  BTW, I don't have it anymore.  Didn't even get a chance to shoot it.  Buddy of mine dragged me to a gun show.  Some dealer traded a NIB Springfield XD 45acp straight up for my SigPro SP2009, plus $20.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have the P226, P220 and 2009 as well.  I will never separate with any of them

I separated with the 2009 for a Springfield XD 45acp.  I think it was worth it.  The XD fits my hands better.  Almost as good as the 226 or 220.  Did put 50rds down range in the XD.  It's about as accurate as a Glock.  Picked up a P226 and P220.  These two are with me for life.  Didn't realize how accurate the P220 is!  I think it shoots just as good, if not better, than my Para-Ordnance Tac Four.  Consistent head shots at 25 yards with Wolf ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top