Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 6:35:38 AM EDT
I just got a Sig P226 9mm.  Where is the best place to get mags, are Mek-Gar and Pro Mags good?  Thanks...

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Midsouth Shooting Supplies has 17rnd Mec Gars for around $17. Mec Gar is the company that makes the factory mags so they are about the only mag besides factory I'd use. Pro Mags are trash plain and simple. Don't waste your money.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations, also my first and favorite SIG. Great transactions with Greg's SF ad below.  Those Mec-Gar 17 rounders mentioned above are a must also.  Stick with SIG or Mec-Gar and they'll be carry / duty gun reliable.

NIW P226 9mm 15 round LEO marked (either German or MEC-GAR style) $26.00 each
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:09:53 AM EDT
[#3]
www.topgunsupply.com
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.topgunsupply.com

I just ordered mags from them Sunday.  Havent' got them yet, but the price was great, and I've heard good things about them on Sigforum.

I use 13rd Promags in my P228 as range mags, and they work pretty well.  Not 100%, and I'd never carry with them, but I keep them so as not to scuff the shit out of the baseplates on the factory mags when doing speed reloads, and so that occasionally I can practice malfunction drills, which the gun never would have otherwise.

For a P226 9mm, the mecgar 17rd flushfits would be the way to go, don't pay more than $20ea.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#5]
We use Sigs here at work. I ordered a bunch of Pro-Mags from Brownells some time ago. They work if your not loading more than a few but after that we've had a lot of problems with them. They don't like the sand much either.

Sig makes some mags in Germany (the ones with the dovetail looking rib) and they also use the Mec-Gar stuff. Either is a great magazine to have and worth the extra price.

Congratulations on getting a nice reliable handgun. Just keep an eye out for the hammer pin walking if you shoot a lot.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.topgunsupply.com

I ordered 3 of the Mec-Gar 17 rd mags on sat, and I got them today.  I wouldn't hesitate to use meg-gar mags in anything (that they make a mag for).
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all for your patronage!

Tom
http://www.topgunsupply.com
(440)729-7273
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.topgunsupply.com

I just ordered mags from them Sunday.  Havent' got them yet, but the price was great, and I've heard good things about them on Sigforum.

I use 13rd Promags in my P228 as range mags, and they work pretty well.  Not 100%, and I'd never carry with them, but I keep them so as not to scuff the shit out of the baseplates on the factory mags when doing speed reloads, and so that occasionally I can practice malfunction drills, which the gun never would have otherwise.

For a P226 9mm, the mecgar 17rd flushfits would be the way to go, don't pay more than $20ea.

+1million for TopGunSupply.  Mags came very fast, and prices are great there.  I just ordered 4 more for my P229, and they already shipped.  Fricking awesome.  Buy from this place, they rule.

(Tom, get a dealer membership here on arfcom, this is the biggest -by far- gunboard on the net.  And we are all cheap bastards looking for the best deal!)
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:57:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a 20 rounder for my 226. It does protrude somewhat but, no big deal to me. I also use it occasionally in my 228.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:00:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Tagged.  

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#11]
http://www.topgunsupply.com  <--just tried this site and when I click anything like "Sig mags" I just get the 1911 grips page, anyone know their prices on Mec-Gar 15rd P228 mags ? how are their shipping charges ?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#12]
We had some server problems today, but I think we have it straightened out. Sorry about that.

The Mec-Gar P228 magazines are $18.95 for blued and $19.95 for nickel. Flat rate shipping is $5.95 per order and we use USPS Priority Mail.

Thank you,

Tom
Top Gun Supply
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd like to add another shameless plug for Tom at TGS.  I've placed 3 decent sized orders now, one for 5 15rd P228 mags (which are the SHIT), one for 5 P229 factory used mags (which work GREAT), and one for a P229 .40SW barrel, which arrived today (in pristine condition).

If Tom has it, buy it from him.  Competitive prices, cheap shipping, and fast.  Great company.  I will be looking for another excuse to buy shit from TGS.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Mec Gar is really the only choice when it comes to Sig mags. Everything else is high priced junk, IMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top