Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 4:50:19 PM EDT
I saw a few people posting about magazines so I figured I would post this.   www.topgunsupply.com is a great company to do business with.  They sell brand new SIG magazines for a great price (about $20)  I just ordered a 17 rounder for my 226 and was pleased with their service.  In case you are looking check em out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Charlie I think those were the 17rnd Mec Gar mags you got. The Factory Sig mags are about $29. The Mec Gar mags are good I just bought 4 myslef from another source because they were on salew for $15 a piece. I'll second that TGS is a great company. I bought 4 of the used 229 mags and they work great. I also got a Versa Max II for ny 229 there. They are nice people and ship fast. Don't hesitate to buy from them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought Mec Gar has been making the Sig mags for years now.  If you buy a new Sig you will see Sig Sauer on one side and Mec Gar on the other.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#3]
They have been as well as many others but they also make thier own. They don't make the Sig factory mags at 17rnd capacity. The Mec Gar brand are a better deal as you get 2 more rounds and save money. That's why I got them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#4]
While touring the Sig factory in 2002, I was told that MecGar was bought by Sig. There was a storage area filed floor-to-ceiling with boxes that said 'Mec-Gar' on the sides.

You will also notice a scarcity of Sig magazines sold under the Mec Gar name.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok.  Mecgar is an independant company that makes OEM mags for Sig and others.  They also sell mags on the aftermarket.  They have a no-compete agreement with Sig.  Mecgar mags cost about $20 on the aftermarket.  Sig charges $30+ for thier mags because they can, and because no one else makes reliable ones.  The Mecgar mags available for Sigs are ones that -don't- come with factory guns, ie the 17rd P226 mags.  So there you have it.  Mecgars are outstanding mags, and $20-$25 is a great price.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:31:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you Charliehorse for the kind words and your patronage.

The higher capacity Mec-Gar (+2) magazines use a different follower allowing the extra capacity. The follower and markngs are the only difference between the factory Sig Mec-Gar and the Mec-Gar magazines.

Tom Allen
Top Gun Supply
http://www.topgunsupply.com
(440)729-7273
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Have your SIG dealer get the SIG Refurbished mags. I'm paying$15 for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top